🌾 | Prologue | 🌾

As much as August 8 & 9 is tiring, it probably was worth it for the tired Southeast Asian organization, and it's only the eighth.

Admit it, that statement was straight forward, but it was HIS birthday- err- anniversary today. And tomorrow... The ninth, it was Singapore's.

Usually at these two days straight each year, everybody in the organization would non-stop be partying, no joke. ASEAN himself petitioned that the organization should just merge the two celebrations at a single day (and even Singapore agreed to it!), but everyone else really shook their head off for that one.

Dear goodness he couldn't really escape the loud noises inside the building today. And probably even tomorrow.

He was known to be sociable, but this happens every. single. year. He just wanted at LEAST a day off of this, and he probably knows Singapore wanted it to happen to himself as well.

Thinking of. "Where is Singapore?"

He spoke quietly by the balcony with a view of the rice field, but clearly he wasn't heard from all the music inside. He could've just joined them right now, but he did and now he needed space.

It was about eight-thirty and he can hear a bunch of screaming inside the building to tone the speakers down already because it was too late. Like it ever mattered because the office was located on a mountain with nothing nearby, but it's their thing, not his. They're "independent".

"Sea!"

The organization got startled when someone poked him by his back and noticed a country at least 3 inches shorter than him behind. A blue, rectangular eye patch with a yellow moon and 8 pointed star, brown hair, some red-white stripes- Malaysia. They both maintained eye contact for a few seconds before the organization asked.

"What?"

"He left a few minutes ago," the country responded with his slight Malaysian accent.

ASEAN paused for a moment trying to think of what he was talking about, then he realized that he most likely heard the question he blurted out earlier about Singa. He eventually told him;

"Ohh thanks," he smiled. "I didn't know anyone could- you know..."

The country clarified, "O- I- I was behind you lah."

The organization looked back at the dark rice field and replied, "Oh."

The two eventually went quiet, letting the music inside the building fill up the silence between them. Unknowingly what to do, the country just asked, "Can I join you?"

"You should've just joined me earlier if you weren't just behind me the whole time and actually have the confidence to do so, but sure," he dissed the country in a light-hearted note.

As a response, Mal giggled and joined him on the railings, and commented. "You're slowly turning into him, but a slightly nicer version."

"I thought we were the same at one point, until we figured out we have the exact opposite personality types. I guess it's because I blend in easily," Sea stated in his pure honesty as he tapped on the railings with his nails for a little bit.

"I'm happy you two figured that out," the country shrugged. "He has a tough spot the first time I met him, it's insane how much he grew as a person."

"I've read all about it, but somehow there wasn't any much information in terms of the ones before Singa... Became under the UK?" he stated, as he moved his hair away from his face. "You're the right person for me to ask this actually- do you know all about it?"

"I-" Malaysia stuttered for a moment, but eventually shook his head and stated, "N- No, I just... I do remember the day we first met though. I still don't know how or why he was on that island alone and stuff like that- he never really told us about himself from before we met lah."

"I don't think I've read anything regarding you two meeting for the first time," ASEAN said.

"We never wrote about it," the country stated, scratching his head.

The organization's face then lit up with realization and excitement. "Tell me."

Malaysia raised an eyebrow. "Now? It's going to be long, plus we need to fi-"

"For the past fifty-ish years, you never really told any of us three about it, plus I guess having it told the day before his day tomorrow would be better because... I'm too impatient- come onnnn," he whined like a child as he slightly pulled the other's sleeve, making the country shake his arm to get rid of it.

"Fine- okay. I'll try to make it as properly as possible lah," Malaysia stated, making the organization calm down for a bit. "But can I- uhm- Are you familiar with the story he told you?"

"What story?"

"Uhh, the- the lion thing legend like, the lion on the island after the prince sailed across the sea and stuff?" he asked.

"The Merlion one? He told me that every now and then," ASEAN questioned.

"He usually tells that because it actually happened, kind of," he said, shrugging.

The Asian eventually became intrigued and told, "Tell."

The country chuckled and sighed in relief. "Well, it was actually then when I was a kingdom..."