Chapter 50

"my fault"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Andrew sat there on the bed, hands clasped as he looked at the picture that sat right in front of him. A photo of him as a little boy and Angela.

There wasn't any specific emotion that was running through his mind. He was just staring at a faint memory until a knock came on his bedroom door before it slowly opened.

"Hey, I think it's best if we start heading over to the place," David said which received a nod from his son before the man stepped back out of the room.

The teenager sighed as he returned his attention to the picture again before clenching his hands together and getting up from the bed.

The three eventually arrived at the location and were greeted by the people helping set up. They had shown up early just to make sure everything was ready as planned so no one had arrived yet.

As David and Leah were about to walk in, they noticed that Andrew wasn't following. So they turned back to see him looking at the building in a daze.

"Andrew?" Leah called out trying to gain his attention which she succeeded in doing as he turned to look at the married couple. "Are you coming?" She asked.

The teenage boy glanced at the building, he felt this surge of anxiety run over him along with fear. He just couldn't go in. So he turned his head back to the two, "I just need fresh air. I'll go in a bit."

Leah nodded at his words as David just furrowed his brows a bit before speaking. "Don't you think you've been getting enough of that?" Pointing out the moments his son would leave and not say a thing. Leah tugged her husband's arm, trying to get him to walk away from this. " No, look you need to stop acting like your a little boy, running every chance you get. Try to handle this like an adult." He sneered before walking off as Leah followed. 

Andrew just scoffed at his dad before he shook his head and sat on the curb. Handle this like an adult. Weird to hear those words from someone who throws a tantrum when something doesn't go his way.

The teenager sat there for a while as cars drove by and the sun became more irritating so instead of resuming sitting there, he stood up and walked but not into the church.

He just walked until he ended up inside a bar. The place had some music playing from an old speaker. Andrew looked around the room to see that it had an old feel to it or maybe just because it was mostly empty besides the two men who slouched on the counter and one person who was dancing with his beer, noticeably drunk.

Then someone cleared their throat from behind the bar which gained the teenager's attention. It was a big man that was bald and had a beard.

"If you think you're getting a drink from me. You are surely mistaken." He said before pulling the rag that was draped on his left shoulder and cleaning the stains on the surface.