Fire: Crack Fic

Scroll to the end for trigger warnings like usual!

• Fire: Crack Fic •

Izuku and Shoto were on a very successful first date around the mall. Shoto first brought them to an arcade where he won an all might plush for Izuku. Then, Izuku treated them at a sweet stand where they both shared a scoop of ice-cream. And then, Shoto suggested they talk a walk around the mall complex. 

Too bad nothing with the two hero students could ever go perfectly.

Just as they were halfway around the building, a loud screech of the fire alarm rang through the mall. Obviously, as heros in training, they had to make sure that every person in danger of the accident had gotten out safely with as little harm as possible. 

They rushed to the site, only to find the fire spreading everywhere in the back alley of some Chinese restaurant. The fire wasn't too big, but it was enough to make an alarming amount of smoke in the atmosphere nearby. 

The firefighters arrived as Izuku was helping an old woman get far enough from the smoke. 

Eventually, most of the fire had been put out. Only a few patches here and these were still on fire, but it was nothing harmful as Over Armor, a hero with a shield quirk, had placed a protective barrier around the fire so that it wouldn't get to out of hand. 

Izuku's eyes roamed the area of the accident, observing the work of the firefighters who each had useful quirks for this type of situation. One of them, he saw, was directing smoke particle in the air into water droplets. That seemed like an intriguing quirk. 

Now, many of the firemen were working on dispatching a rather stubborn patch of fire that erupted from a puddle of oil on the floor. 

Shoto walked up to him and kissed his cheek as a greeting. 

"Hey Sho!"

"Hey Izuku. I'm sorry our date went unexpectedly..."

"Oh, don't worry about that! It wasn't your fault a fire started here!"

"But still, it was our first date..." Shoto said guiltily. This was his first time dating someone he had slight romantic feelings for and he had wanted it to go perfectly so there would be a next time for the two of them.

"No no, it still wasn't your fault Shoto."

Shoto smiled. He swore internally to make this man his boyfriend someday. He looked at Izuku only to be surprised when he saw his date looking at something with his eyes narrow and judgemental. It wasn't like Izuku at all. 

"Hey Shoto, look. It's your father." Izuku said menacingly, sneering at something inside the barrier that was starting to dissolve.

Shoto's followed his gaze, and his eyes landed on a metal waste bin on fire. One guy was spraying water at it, and half the trash can was burned. He snorted, no longer able to keep his laughter inside. 

"A flaming trash can that holds bullshit..." Izuku whispered meanly.

Shoto burst out laughing. 

He swore to make this man his husband someday.

Trigger Warnings

Cussing