Children- Victimized by Self-Assassination

Good morning teachers. I am Priya of class XII-C. Today, I am here to talk on the topic, "Children - Victimized by Self-Assassination". First and foremost I would love to thank our English association for choosing such a sensitive topic which is still a censorable matter in our society. From the people's point of view, Teens and children have no problems. They say they are enjoying their childhood. But a survey by The National Poison Data System Of The USA says the opposite. According to this survey conducted for children from the age of 6 to 18, there are 1.2 million cases related to suicide and 29% of them have resulted in deaths. In many countries, suicide is an illegal offense. In India, under section 309 of IPC,  attempting suicide is punishable by an year of imprisonment and a fine. But the irony is, those who get punished are those who have failed in their attempt while those who have succeeded are already dead. There are many reasons behind a child committing suicide. Let me highlight one major point among them. Depression and Anxiety. Nowadays, children are open to every form of toxicity about the world. Be it from their parents, friends or social media. They hear, see and undergo a lot of bad things which influence them deeply and leave a scar. It can also be due to trauma from the past. Especially a trauma due to physical or sexual abuse. Teens of this generation lack an important wealth called self love. Once they get rejected, they think they look bad and are good at nothing. Their subconscious mind which listens to all this forces them to commit suicide. But one thing that their subconscious mind fails to tell them is, that they are unique and important no matter how they look or who have rejected them. Other important reason is their thirst for validation. In school they need to be validated as a good student, a good friend. At home, they need to get validated by their parents who doesn't stop comparing them with other children in the name of encouraging them. Trying to satisfy their parents and their loved ones, they work so hard. Working hard is a great thing but once they fail, thinking what others will tell or due to their past traumatic experience of making their parents unsatisfied, they tend to end their life to end the suffering. We can't bring back those who are dead. But, we can still save those who are now in front of our eyes. All we have to do is sit and talk with them and also create a safe environment for them to live in. They maybe looking happy but deep down, they are hurt. Giving them a hope that you're with them may not be a huge thing for you but it would definitely have a huge impact on them. At the same time, I would love to say what my friend has told me. Everyone say, 'suicide is never a solution' but we can never find the real solution without failed tries. Those tries maybe giving up, losing hope but mustn't be killing yourself ever. So, please take of yourself and also try to take care of all the others around you. I end my speech thanking the association for this opportunity. Thank you.