꒦꒷𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓷𝔂 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓐𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭꒷꒦

(I'm sorry, I didn't proof-read or clean up this chapter. It's still in the works)

Updated: 8/3/2022⸝⸝⸝⸝Word Count: 1,540

The nurse was suspicious, but she didn't question as to why you had now welcomed Sunny into your room nearly every day. 
uNo, who had to legally go by Sunny now, looked very different. You found out that the third girl, other than you and Brittany, was named Mimi, and she had connections to some very powerful people. Mimi had helped turn uNo into a whole new person so she could evade the cops entirely, so now she had a clean slate.

After telling Sunny about your intentions to find Kurt, she revealed to you that you'd probably be the only one trying to look for him. She had shown you almost every News clip about Kurt and how they couldn't find his DNA on any of the crime scenes, nor could they find his current where-abouts. Even with his face all over the media, nobody is coming up and saying they've seen him somewhere. It was like he vanished off the face of the earth, and everyone was getting annoyed at how the police and detectives seem to be treating the case as lazily as possible. 

When you heard that, at first you felt hopeless. However, you had a lead on Kurt that was given to you by the man himself- and that was not something you were just going to give to some half-assed police officer.

You had looked up djKeyring on the LiveFly app only to findxz a content creator with no followers, no subscribers, and no content. However, you could privately message them, despite your gut telling you that would be stupid, and you should just drop it and move away.

Hello? Who is this?

You messaged the account, certain it was Kurt. What you weren't certain of was when, or if, he would respond. Several seconds into just staring at the screen, you decide to move onto the next thing. Kurt had also left you with some kind of phone number, but there were three numbers missing from it. Frustrated, you put the phone down. You were going to be released from the hospital sometime today, so you had other things to mentally prepare for anyways.

When the nurse had brought up Sunny, Brittany, and Mimi, she bided you a fond farewell before walking out and leaving you to your friends. The girls helped you get your stuff together, Brittany shrieking for a second as she pulled out your blood-stained shirt from the hospital rooms closet. Sunny rolled her eyes as she yanked the clothes away from Brittany. "I'll wash it." Sunny offered, looking to you with a kind smile.

"That's weird." You thought, studying her before nodding with appreciation. "Sunny's a bit nicer than usual today."

Checking out of the hospital, you couldn't help but constantly feel watched, since you were. You heard people in the waiting room mumble something about Spreevivor, just feeling their pitiful gaze without needing to look at them.
Once out of the hospital, there was a small group of people, many you recognized to be reporters. You kept your eyes to the ground as Sunny led you out, blocking you from being seen by the cameras with herself. The two other girls were just behind you, sometimes answering for you, sometimes cursing at them for you.
"Hey!" Was the only warning you got before someone pulled on your arm. The blonde woman grabbed your arm in some kind of desperation, your gaze seemingly stuck on her sweater that clung to her skin. "Remember me? Daisy? I'm so fucking sorry!" She was able to shove something into your hand before Sunny had pushed her away roughly. "Do not touch her." She warned, standing tall and loud. Despite the loudness of the small crowd, you were still able to hear your breathing and heartbeat above it all. 

Once you made it to Brittany's car, they jammed your stuff in the back before driving off, the tires screeching as if to warn the swarm to back away. "Thanks." You muttered, sticking the paper in your pocket before the other girls could notice it. It felt tense in the car, and you weren't sure if it's because of them somehow or the incident. Once at your house, they helped carry your stuff inside before deciding to hang out a bit. You had sat on your couch, your elbows on your knees while your leg tried to bounce whatever anxiety you had away. Even with the company of the three other girls, it was too quiet. You were glad they were able to keep each other entertained, since you weren't sure how to jump in on the conversation.

Feeling the cushion sink beside you, you glanced to see Brittany's hands digging in her purse beside you before pulling out a plastic bag with some kind of gummies in it. "What are those?" You asked her as you stared at your hands. "They could help you. Have you had an edible? It's like that, but not weak weed shit in it. You can only take half of it, maximum or else it's one hell of a trip."
"No Brittany, do not give her that." Sunny said sternly, the clack of her heels came closer before coming into your peripheral vision. "She could get addicted." Her hand came to the small package before whipping it away. You heard Brittany scoff beside you. "Since when did you join the D.A.R.E act?" She joked to remove tension, but it wasn't working. "She's been through enough. We should go. I will... meet you two outside." The stern tone in Sunny's voice was unusual, but the girls agreed. Mimi removed herself from her comfortable position before grabbing Brittany and practically yanking her out of there.

Once the door closed, you watched Sunny's bright red heels turn to you. "How do you feel?" She stayed standing, but at least she didn't sound as annoyed anymore. "I'm alright." Your response was almost as quiet as what came after. It was becoming awkward before you felt her pat your head, which you unintentionally recoiled away. "Sorry." You said, but she just hummed in response. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you again." She spoke before sitting beside you. "You shot a cop, I'm not the only one with trauma." You joked a bit, hoping it would be enough to keep her from pitying you. Sunny seemed to perk up before responding. "I'm sure he deserve it." She then tapped your shoulder and you looked up before a quick flash of a light came across your eyes. "My camera!" You kept yourself from yanking it away. "Send me the picture on it. All of the pictures." Sunny said, handing it to you and getting up. 

"Call me if you need me. No, don't. Text me though." You looked up at her, a small smile taking its place on your face as you looked at her own. "Alright." 

"Maybe things will get better from now on."

You told yourself that several times in your head, almost as if it could make you feel more hopeful. However, no matter how sweet Sunny came off, your mind still circled back to Kurt.

Almost as if on cue, your phone in your pocket buzzed.

LiveFly!
Message from djKeyring

Hey

It is

Sunny had already left, so you felt a lot safer to let yourself freak out. You had grabbed your phone, nearly dropping it as you tried to unlock it and open the app. It is? It is. It's him. Your fingers were shaking, and you couldn't begin to describe the adrenaline that was running through you right now. You didn't even know what to write.

Why did you give me a way to contact you?

You watched as the message said 'Delivered' before turning to 'Read: Today, 8:43 PM'

I dont know

You thought he was still typing, but nothing ever came after that.

Why???

For a moment, you thought that if you pressured for an answer too much, he might stop responding, but this was somehow more important to you than anything else before.

If you want to say something to me, you can say it to me here

You reread his message several times, confused. If anything, you thought maybe he had something to say to you.

What does that mean?

There was no response at all this time, but he hadn't read your message yet. "Fucking hell." You cursed before forcing you to put your mind on something else. You turned the T.V on and switched the channel to the news. Thankfully, it was nothing about you this time. They were just talking about bad stuff happening to other people, like how a woman got robbed, a man went missing tonight, someone's going around breaking mailboxes. It was refreshing and comforting, but you decided not to test your luck, worried that they might just randomly mention the Rideshare Killer, you changed the channel once again to some random cartoons.

You had no intention to pay attention to T.V, letting it play as background noise as you tried to control your thoughts. Turning it up quite loud, you went to get yourself ready for bed.
Once your hygiene was pristine, you climbed into the covers and sighed with how much better they were than the hospital. You had two lamps in your room that you had turned on before you locked your bedroom door and fell asleep.