Paralysis 😌🥺

Ever had it where your depression sort of paralyzes you? Like you're thinking you should move, or even trying to move, but your body is so unmotivated it just... doesn't? I gotta know if this is just me. Anyways though, a oneshot with Uramichi about that, enjoy!

~~~

Well, this is it, I guess.

Uramichi Omota lay in his bed, the morning sunlight from outside trying to push through the blue curtain that covered his window. And yet, Uramichi lay motionless. He was half aware his blankets didn't even cover him fully now, exposing the bare skin of his arms to the elements of the air conditioner. He squinted, trying to will himself to move, even just a finger. However, his hand stubbornly wouldn't even move an inch.

To make matters even more problematic, it was a work day. Normally in this situation, Uramichi had been partially blessed with not experiencing this sort of paralysis long... or not experiencing it on a work day, where he could get away with laying in bed a few extra hours.

However, this time, he just couldn't get himself to move for his life.

It's gotten to a point where even reminding myself that no one else will pay the rent isn't enough to get me out of bed, he thought grimly, staring up at the ceiling. I can try to will and motivate myself to move, but when there's not a sliver of hope left in your body, it isn't going to do anything.

He squeezed his eyes shut, managing to tilt his head to the side on his pillow as he grimaced. Nrrgghhh! Think of the children, Uramichi. Think of the children! Slowly and stiffly, he lifted his arm just an inch, extending his fingers ever so slightly and... his arm collapsed again, rendering him stuck to his new position with his arm resting across his chest. 

He frowned. Great, his mind deadpanned sarcastically. 

Like this, he couldn't even call in sick, seeing as his phone wasn't immediately in his hand. He looked at where it sat on his bedside table, and like magic under his gaze, the phone let out a vibrating hum. His eyes snapped open wide, startled in spite of himself, but he was rendered to watch helplessly as it vibrated again.

I should answer that, he thought. He didn't move. It vibrated again. I really should answer that. He strained, and suddenly in a moment of surprise, he could move. He sat up and snatched up his phone, twisting it in his hand to face the screen.

Two messages sat on his lockscreen, and he felt a little wave of relief to see your name accompanying them. You were one of his co-workers, but you always were very kind and polite to him, which was a nice breath of fresh air compared to a certain figure in a rabbit suit. Trying to ignore the looming 7:52 in huge letters that stared up at him, he typed in his phone password and it unlocked to display your message fully.

'Good morning, Uramichi!'

'Just messaging because it's almost time for work and you're not here, so I got worried and figured I should see if you're OK.'

Uramichi's eyes widened slightly, sparkling briefly before his expression dropped to a stoic one as he typed in a response.

'Good morning to you too, Y/N! I'm going to call in sick today. I'm not feeling good, and I wouldn't want to drag down the show.'

Immediately the device displayed that you were typing again. The phone vibrated in Uramichi's hands as a new message came through.

'Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. :( Do you want me to swing by to check up on you?'

Uramichi sighed, a numb, melancholic expression shifting over his face.

'Don't worry about it. You're already at work anyways.'