𝐱. like a man starved

❝𝐈 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬, 

𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬❞

July 6th 1943

The morning after Slughorns dinner party, Tom awoke to the groan of Abraxas in the bread across from him. His eyes opened in a set glare almost immediately as it always did if his sleep is disturbed. His right hand's blonde hair was mussed as he ran his fingers through it, much paler than normal and his Malfoy skin tone did not help.

Clearly he had had more than one glass of the muggle wine the night before.

"Silence Abraxas." Arthur Dolohov said. "You're giving me a headache with your headache."

Dolohov made brief bleary eye contact with Tom before giving him a look and turning away in the bed beside the one Lestrange usually resided in but it seemed the wizard had taken his leave earlier. Most likely to have breakfast with Lilith as they usually did.

Lilith.

Oh merlin. He could still feel the marble like smoothness of her skin beneath his fingers as he clutched his sheets between his knuckles. 

"Just because you were too busy eyeing Lilith all evening too even drink a drop." Abraxas said as he rubbed his eyes, dodging the pillow Arthur Dolohov threw his way.

Tom smirked to the canopy of his four poster bed. That boy had most likely dreamed of his lips on Liliana Rosier's slender neck, his hands on her hips as he pressed her agains the wallpaper.

But Tom had. And that made it so much more delectable.

Tom pulled on his clothes as Abraxas shook Avery and Nott, the last to get out of bed every morning, awake. Without even a word to his dorm mates, he took his satchel from the desk chair and strode out the door to breakfast. 

He noticed the eyes following him but paid no mind. It was not often that he would not speak to them in the morning but it seemed his followers were not that idiotic to realise there seemed to be a change in him. Tom still did not know whether or not it was for better or for worse.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"It seems our lord has found his lady." Anthony Avery said, his voice low although his leader had left the room many minutes before.

"What in Merlins name do you mean?" Arthur said, his face scrunching up in confusion.

"Arthur are you blind?" Perseus Nott said, rolling his eyes as he buttoned his shirt. "Have you not seen his renewed interest in Lilith?"

"I think he loves her." Anthony said catching Arthur's glare. "Honestly, have you not seen the way he looks at her?"

"Are you sure you're not a hufflepuff?" Arthur bit at him as he pulled on his shoes.

"I'm not a fucking Hufflepuff." Anthony mumbled, looking down. Arthur waved his hand in a dismissible manner.

 "And anyway, I do see the way he looks at her! He hates her, plain as day." Arthur said, poison seeping into his voice which made the other boys in the room glance at each other.