| 1 |

Warning: mentions of abuse

"Y/n y/l/n?" one of the camp nuns called out into the large assembly of girls.

You sat with your friends around your usual morning table, participating in conversation as you waited for the breakfast which was usually just eggs and a piece of toast.

"Present." you responded, pausing your conversation and raising your hand.

She walked over towards you, clipboard in her hands, "Y/n you're going home today."

The girls around you halted their conversations, turning to the sister.

"W-what?" you stuttered with disbelief.

"You're going home, pack your bags." she smirked then walked away from the table, continuing roll call.

You looked around at your friends around the table who all stared right at you, shocked.

"Well go what are you waiting for?" one of the girls, Elle, said with excitement.

"I--okay!" you smiled and jumped out of your seat but turned around and smiled, waving bye and wishing them luck.

Holy shit you were about to be out of here, it had been so long since you had saw anyone but your camp friends, the priests, and the nuns. It had been so long since you tasted anything but the shitty food. Since you talked about anything but God, school, and stupid ice breakers. The camp that your parents sent you to felt like it was sent straight from Hell, but from what some of the other girls had told you, it didn't compare to some of the things they went through. Shit, some of them were borderline tortured for loving women.

You walked down the hallway, following the rules of the camp, as you were told in the beginning "running in the hallway means 24 hour isolation" so you opted to follow it. The rules were strict, even the littlest things could get you into trouble, which you found outrageous.

You walked into your room, which was small and only had your small bag that you were sent with when you left Hawkins. Your mom had told you it was only going to be for a few weeks, but those few weeks turned into months.

A lot of sweating and a lot of crying was all you felt for awhile, since the camp wasn't air conditioned and the Utah heat was brutal, even in the Spring. That was until you finally found your crowd. The camp was so unorganized that some nights you and the girls would sneak into Jen's room, another one of your close friends, and you would talk until it was dawn about what "coping mechanism" you all learned that day and laugh about them.

Once you packed your bag, you grabbed a couple pictures of you and your friends that were taken on film as "proof of progress" for your parents and stuffed it in your side pocket of your bag and slipped it over your shoulder. Your eyes gazed over envelopes that were wrapped with a rubber band, all sent from Hawkins. You didn't open a single one, knowing who it was from, but you grabbed them anyway, stuffing them on top of your clothes in the bigger pocket. A nun was waiting outside your door and as you walked out of your room she escorted you to the main entrance of the camp where your parents were waiting.

Everywhere you went alone during the day, a nun would have to follow, that was just the rules. Most things you were taught at the camp went in one ear and out the other, constant reminders that being gay would get you sent to hell, but what even was hell? If loving girls would get you sent to hell, it was worth it. The other things you learned though, like French and learning that you really loved math and reading, stayed in your mind.