| 6 |

Warnings: sad max, abuse, suicide mentions, death

"What are you doing here?" you asked her as you walked down the stairs.

"I couldn't sleep last night, I thought about what you said." Max replied, sitting beside Robin on the couch.

You stood in front of the TV with your arms crossed across your chest, "well if you came here for more of the story, it's not really a great time."

She shook her head, "no, no, I didn't come here for that at all."

"Then why are you here?"

She turned to Robin who nodded with a smile, "I wanted to maybe catch up, as friends?"

Your eyes widened, "uh...y-yeah, sure."

She smirked and stood from the couch.

"Uh, wait here." you held your hand out and she stayed in place. 

You ran up the stairs and hid away your journal and the letters that were laid out on your desk, stuffing them in your nightstand drawer. You walked back out and down the stairs and it was just Max sitting on the couch.

"Where's Robin?" you asked as you walked down the stairs.

"I'm right here." Robin announced, walking into the living room with two mugs.

"Oh...what's that?" you said as you sat down in the recliner seat.

She handed Max a mug and sat down, "Tea, do you want some? Max and I always have tea in the morning." 

You shook your head, "no that's okay, I'll have something later."

"I'm sorry for everything." Max started but you held out your hand and shook it profusely, stopping her.

"I told you I didn't want you apologizing, Max, what do you even have to apologize for?" Max stayed silent and Robin took a large sip out of her mug loudly.

"Sorry." Robin whispered and you laughed.

"It's okay Rob, um do you have to be here? Not trying to be mean it's just...I don't know." you scratched the back of your neck nervously.

"Oh, uh" she looked at Max, "I can go."

Max grabbed Robin's hand, "she's okay to stay."

"Okay, um what were you thinking about then?" you asked Max and she sighed, thinking about how it might be awkward to talk in front of Robin, since she's heard most of it already.

"Do you want to go up to your room?"

"Sure, you'll stay down here then?" you looked at Robin and she nodded.