the arcade

y/n's pov - 

the arcade. it stunk of deep-fried hotdogs, sweat and the nagging metal odour of coins. somehow i still loved it. i was with mike and dustin, trying to get a highscore on digdug. my eyes were fixated on the screen, finding every pattern in the game, and straining my brain. i was tapping the button and swinging the joystick frantically, building up tension. dustin and mike were staring at the screen, mesmerised by my speed. i got up to a freakishly hard level, and my skills started to jolt. mike opened his mouth to say something, but i shushed him. i couldnt keep my eyes off the screen. i ws about to make the wrong move, but someone grabbed my hands and helped me. i was stunned, and didnt do anything. his hands were cold and somehow comforting? he completed the level, making me end up with a 854,967 high score. madness. i looked up, and saw a teenage boy about my age smiling at me. his hair was about down to his shoulders, and they looked like brunette curly locks. his eyes were a gorgeous dark brown, and i could stare into them for ages.

"you okay there princess?" he asked. i stammered and before i could say anything, mike stepped in with:
"eddie, what are you doing here ? what happened to the campaign with gareth and that." so thats his name. eddie. suits him to be fair.
"well it went to shit. so to brush it off, i came to the arcade but i couldnt help but notice the gorgeous woman you have here. whats your name, darling?"
"y/n. y/n/sn." i replied. 
"well, y/n. how would you like to be my forever love?" he asked, holding my chin up.  i tried to let out words, but i couldnt. i just stuttered pathetically. 
"eddie, you cant say that to every lady you fancy." dustin interrupted. god, hes a lifesaver.
"hey, hey, hey! i was joking! maybe." eddie chuckled. i was still mesmerised, and was staring at him. he smirked at me, winked, and walked away. 
i turned to dustin and mike, and asked - "whos he?"
"thats eddie munson. hes the leader of our dnd club. hes amazeballs." dustin said proudly. he obviously looked up to him, seeing as he grew up without a father. i was determined to join that dnd club, but im so socially awkward id be impossible to play with. i was still thinking of him while leaving the arcade. i said my goodbyes and headed home. 

i was bursting of excitement to see him tomorrow at school.