a sub?

y/ns pov - 

it was the pep rally, and i was sitting in the bleachers near the top, waiting for the tigers to get their speech over with. finally, they ran out looking triumphant. i smiled at lucas as ive been his friend for a while. he pointed at me, grinning and i laughed. he took his place with the others, and watched jason say his speech. afterwards, i caught up with lucas, mike and dustin and heard them talking about how lucases game was the same day as the last battle of eddies campaign. i knew mike and dustin always sat with eddie at lunch, so i asked to join them. they agreed, and we went to the cafeteria. i was buzzing with excitement. i sat inbetween mike and dustin, and saw eddie striding up to the chair at the end. i fixed my hair, and rehearsed how i was to greet him in my mind. he sat down, and immediately looked at me. 
"why hello princess." he said flirtily, directed at me.
i smiled and answered, "hey." oh wow. that was so stupid?? i couldve atleast tried to be more interesting.

 eddie sighed. "were the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game." he stood up on the table- "well. as long as youre into band, or.. science or.. parrrtiesss. or a GAME where you TOSS BALLS into LAUNDRY BASKETS!!" jason stood up and retorted -
"you want something, freak?"
eddie just made a face, he had no care for jason. "its forced conforming. thats whats..." he jumped off the table and shouted in a teachers face- "KILLING THE KIDS!" the group chuckled, and i giggled quietly. "thats the real monster." he sat back down. 
dustin took a deep breath and said -  "soo uh, speaking of monsters." eddie looked up, suspicious. "lucas has to do his uh.. balls-in-laundry-baskets game!" "so.." he giggled awkwardly, "hes not gonna be able to make it to hellfire tonight! and.. i know theres no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him." he turned to mike and turned back "so me and mike, we were talking, shooting the shit. and we were thinking, that maybe, we might..."

mike interrupted- "postpone." the group yelled and clamoured over the thought of it. 
"SHUT UP!!" eddie shouted, making them go silent. i held my breath, waiting to see what he said. "you saying sinclairs been taken in by the dark side?" "and rather than find a sub for him, you want to... postpone.. the cult. of vecna.?" 
i realised this was my chance. i butted in with - "i'll do it." oh. my. god. why did i do that?? that was so stupid??