Chapter 28 Millie's POV

Tonight was perfect, more than I ever imagined it could be.

Dancing and laughing with Sam, everything was just right, but there was a thought looming in the back of my mind.

A constant worry that would simply not allow me to enjoy anything. He was coming for my Connor.

My stupid used to be father-in-law.

I just wanted him dealt with. I just wanted this over.

Tonight was amazing don't get me wrong. I never thought I would get a second chance at love and her I was engaged to be married to the most amazing man I had ever known.

However, I could not fully enjoy the excitement with the thought that he was still out there. I thought all this over as I looked in the vanity mirror brushing my long hair.

Connor was spending the night with Aunt Jules so that Sam and I could spend some time alone.

It was an exciting thought, being alone with Sam.

One that made my heart race and my head spin, but I just couldn't shake this nagging feeling.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked, coming behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

Immediately I felt warm and comforted in the embrace.

"I......I guess I'm just worried. Tonight was wonderful, but I can't help but be distracted by......be everything going on." Looking into his eyes through the mirror I could see the concern on his face.

It always startled me how honest and open I could be with Sam.

Sam ran his nose over my neck, breathing me in, and kissed my skin. "I know, I will end this. I promise." As he whispered in my ear goosebumps formed on my neck.

He then, spun me around so that I was facing him and took my face in his large hands.

"I love you, Millie. I would lay down my life for you and Connor. I will make sure nothing happens to either of you." He spoke looking deeply into my eyes before placing a kiss on top of my head.

"Just relax tonight baby," he said running his hand down my neck and placing another kiss on my forehead.

At his words, my body, which I had not previously noticed was stiff, completely loosened and I fell into his embrace.

Looking up from his chest and into his face a fire suddenly ignited within me.

He fiercely grabbed my chin and kissed me hard, to which I responded with the same amount of passion.

We began walking and kissing toward the bed. Without thinking I removed his shirt, which made him respond with the same action.

God this man is fit.

I ran my hands over every part of him feeling his muscles and the warmth of his skin beneath my fingertips.

I'm not sure if he pushed me onto the bed or if I fell into it but we somehow ended up there kissing each other quickly and fiercely as if we needed each other for air.

And I did feel as though I needed him to breathe. The was a fire in every inch of my bones that only he could put out.

He was my mate. I was given this amazing second chance at love and I knew I would never take it for granted and always stay by his side.

That thought made me stop and look up at him.

He looked down at me with concern at the sudden halt in kisses. "What's wrong baby?" He asked in concern again.

God, I really did love him.

"Nothing I... I just love you so much," saying the words, looking up at him, made my heart stop and took my breath away.

"Oh I love you, Millie, so much," he huskily said, kissing me again passionately all over.

We spent the rest of the night making love and worshipping each other's bodies.

Each time I would lay breathless with a smile on my face until finally, I fell into the deepest sleep I had in a while.