14

•~Grace's P.O.V~•
I cried that night. I couldn't fall asleep, all I could think about was Chloe. I thought about how I saw her for the first time, and how I always thought of her as my daughter and not my sister.

For a long time, Chloe was the only reason I stayed alive. She was the only thing that made me happy. Now I had her and Soda, but if Ted takes Chloe away, I don't know what I'd do with myself.

I hoped, if Ted did get custody, he'd have the heart to still let me visit Chloe. However, with the way I acted towards him, I doubted he would even let me call Chloe.

I sat up, hoping that I didn't wake Soda, frustrated that I couldn't sleep despite the fact that I was exhausted. I went to bed long after Soda did, which was unusual for me, but I was trying to distract myself and I knew if I tried sleeping, I'd just think about it more.

Well, look where that got me.

I rubbed my eyes as if I was trying to rub away anything that was keeping me from sleeping. I got up and went to the bathroom, thinking maybe that contributed to it as well. When I came out of the bathroom, I heard rustling in our bed.

Shit.

Had I woken up Soda? I hoped not, if I did, I'd feel so bad. Soda wouldn't lash out or be angry, he was calm about everything, but I would always overthink things. I walked as quietly as possible back to bed before I laid down without moving the bed as much as possible, in order for Soda to stay asleep.

"Grace?" I knew it wasn't the time, but I absolutely loved Soda's sleepy voice.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." Soda's arm slid around my waist, and I slightly felt Soda's breath on my cheek.

"You don't have to apologize for everything, Grace." I quickly pursed my lips, knowing an "I'm sorry" would come out if I didn't.

"I can't stop thinking about Chloe. I haven't been able to sleep." I whispered, rubbing circles on Soda's hand.

"Everything's gonna be okay, Grace. Don't worry about it." He kissed my temple before he snuggled closer to me. I was starting to fall into a well-needed and wanted sleep. Until I heard a door open.

"Mommy?" I sighed, opening my eyes slowly before I tiredly motioned for Chloe to come to me.

She quickly climbed into Soda and I's bed, snuggling closer to me. I kissed the top of her head, soon hearing Soda and Chloe's quiet snore's emitting into the air.

I soon fell asleep after them.
________________________________
Word Count:460