3. A gang?!

The upcoming day was quiet. There were a few customers here and there, but no sign of any of my new friends. After my little chat with Mista yesterday, I started thinking more about what he said. The city of Naples is rumored to be filled with a lot of suspicious gang activity, but there's no way they could be involved... right? After all, it's just a coincidence that Mista's stand involves a gun... and six yellow, weird creatures.

The sound of heavy footsteps brought me out of my thoughts, and I turned around to be met by Abbachio. He was taller than I thought he was, considering I had to look up at him a lot.

"O-Oh hello Abbachio." I said, a bit startled, but he only stared at me with that mean stare of his. "Uhm, can I get you something? Are the others here too?" I asked, before realizing he was probably the one to keep an eye on me for today. "Right, uh, have a seat..." I said, and he did as I told. He smoothly pulled out a chair and slid down, quickly putting on his headphones. I figured I might as well get back to work, since he wasn't much of a talker.

"They'll be here soon." I heard Abbachio's voice from behind me. Turning around, I noticed he had his eyes closed, indulging the music that was loudly playing. The bell was heard once again, and much to my relief, the restaurant was filled with the loud voiced of Fugo, Narancia and Mista.

"Welcome back! Abbachio's already sitting at your usual table. Can I bring you anything?" Narancia and Fugo were busy arguing with each other, so they didn't hear me. Mista on the other hand, asked for the usual Strawberry Cheesecake for all of them, before taking a seat as well.

~~~

"Here you go! Four pieces of strawberry cheescake." I set down the plates on the table, before all hell broke loose.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN FOUR? HOW COULD YOU GET US FOUR?!" Mista yelled in my face. Fugo sighed at the commotion, and I figured I'd not get out of this easily.

"Well, Mista, you asked for one piece each, and there is four of you..." I saw Mista's face change from panic to something that resembled embarrassment. I sighed, before mumbling to myself. "Maybe if you took off that stupid hat-" Unluckily for me, Mista heared me anyways.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SA-" He didn't get to finish, before Bruno walked in with a blond man at his side.

"Hi, Bruno." I greeted him with a smile, which he kindly returned.

"Everyone, this is Giorno Giovanna, he will be part of our team from now on. Y/N, if you excuse us for a second..." He said, turning to me for that last part. I figured this would be something work-related, meaning I should leave them alone... but what fun would there be in that? I walked towards the kitchen, but hid behind a wall nearby.

"Giorno passed Polpo's test. He's now a part of our team and will help us on future missions." Bruno explained. To not let himself be interrupted, he continued without hesitation. "Unfortunately, that will happen sooner rather than later. This morning, Polpo was found dead in his cell. He had committed suicide." I felt my hand fly to my mouth. It felt bad to eavesdrop on such a serious matter, especially since I had no idea who Polpo was, but I kept listening. "The biggest problem with this is that Polpo had a treasure hidden, and the other members of Passione have heard of this. Therefor, we need to get to it before anyone else does."

A suicide? A Treasure? Did he say Passione? From the rumors I had heard, Passione was the mafia... There's no way these men could be part of the mafia, right? Without thinking, I stepped out from behind the wall.

"Are you all part of the Mafia?" I asked, probably sounding more confident than I was. Everyone looked at me with surprise, but I wouldn't let them answer before I asked another question. "Can I... join you on this mission?" My voice became far more shaky now.

"Y/N... It's too dangerous." Bruno said, but I stood up for myself for once.

"You said it yourself, we aren't sure about who knows I have a stand, so wouldn't it be safer if I was with you guys? Besides, I might even be able to help." Bruno stared at me, deep in thought. At least he was considering it now. He let out a deep sigh before speaking up.

"I suppose you're right... Very well, we have to get going right away then." Bruno looked worried, but I let out a deep breath, that I didn't even know I was holding. I left my apron at the restaurant, while Bruno made up an explanation to Mr. Rizzo.

~~~

We headed down to the port to get a boat. Apparently, the treasure was located on an island. Bruno seemed to know the guy who worked there, and got us the keys to a boat located just outside the shop. Narancia got himself a bunch of snacks, undeniably with Bucciarati's money. We set sail onto the beautiful, turquoise water, but we weren't allowed to know where we were heading yet.

"Get me one of those sparkly drinks you bought, I'll pay you back." Mista's voice could be heard from behind me. I turned around to see Narancia giving a can of soda to him, but while he was distracted, Mista poured the drink over Narancia's CD-player. I strutted over and crouched down next to taller man, hitting his arm as hard as I could.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He asked, slightly unbothered.

"Why did you ruin it for him? He was just listening to music." I replied with a pout.

"Tch. Who cares?"

"Uh, I do?" Mista didn't seem to care at all, but I felt bad for Narancia. Mista and I held eye contact for a few seconds, before Bucciarati spoke up.

He explained that we were heading to the island Capri. I stood up and headed over to Narancia, who was now sitting on the upper edge of the boat, and within five seconds, everything happened at once.

Narancia disappeared down a drain right behind us, it was as if he got deflated like a balloon. I tried to stand up, hoping whatever got him wouldn't get me, but it was to no avail. My heart began to race and before I knew it, everything went black, the last thing I saw being Mista's scared face.

~~~

I woke up to the sun shining right in my eyes, and the sound of waves hitting the boat.

"What's going on?" I asked, noticing my head rested on someone.

"We were attacked by an enemy stand, but we won." Bucciarati, who I apparently leaned on, responded. I carefully sat up as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" Bruno started to feel almost like a fatherly figure to me, especially since I didn't have one myself.

"Yeah, thanks Bucciarati. Are the others okay too?" I asked and quickly looked around to see that the others were fine.

"They all woke up a few minutes ago, Everyone except me got attacked. But it's alright now." He replied and pointed to something to my right. Is that... a head?! "I used Sticky Fingers to remove his head from his body, so don't worry."

"Yeah... okay... makes sense... why wouldn't it make sense... it's just a head..." I mumbled to myself, before noticing we weren't far from Capri. The new person, Giorno, walked up to me and reached out a hand, which I gladly took. I felt someone look at me from the corner of my eye again.

"Thanks to Abbachio's stand, Moody Blues, we know he told someone on the island about our arrival, so Mista and I will be heading there before the rest of you to make sure it's safe." Giorno said as he let go of my hand. I looked over to my left, seeing that the person staring at me was Mista. I gave him an annoyed look, which surprised him a bit, before turning back to Giorno who was prepared to leave.

He brought out his stand, that looked like a man covered in some type of gold armor, and made a ring buoy into a large fish.

"Impressive..." I let out, hearing Mista scoff behind me.

"Alright, let's go." He said, and that's what they did. Both of them headed to the island, but my gut feeling told me something terrible was about to happen to them.

~~~~~~~

Lmk if I'm making the plot too messy or sum :)

~~~~~~~