7. Ice Ice Baby

There had been a few days since we last left Naples, and we were all on edge, but nothing prepared us for these upcoming events.

At some point, the turtle had been left out of the car, and we were no longer able to reach Giorno and Mista. Narancia and I exited the turtle, where the ice was now decreasing. We assumed the stand user was following the others.

"Narancia, get Aerosmith and locate them. There's seems to be a small boat right here, by the bridge. We can use it to travel closer to the pick-up place." I explained. I wasn't planning on leaving Narancia alone, and I figured it be the smartest to leave the turtle here for now.

"Alright, it seems to be pretty slow, but we'll get there eventually." He said as Aerosmith appeared above us. We stepped onto the boat, when gunshots could be heard.

"We need to hurry!" I started shivering again, probably because we were getting closer to whoever caused the ice to appear. Narancia handed me a blanket, and we stayed quiet for a few minutes while focusing on our destination. Narancia wasn't one to not talk, though.

"Y/N..." I turned to him. "Are you sure you're not interested in him?" He asked.

"What? Yeah, yeah of course. I just want to make sure he's okay now." I answered a little too quickly. "Uh- And Giorno. I want to make sure he's okay too, of course..."

"Mhm..." Narancia didn't seem to believe me. "Because Mista sure was worried about you the other day."

"What? Why? When? Did he say something?" Millions of questions left my mouth before I could stop them. Narancia gave me a mischievous grin.

"So you are Interested."

"What? No, I'm just wondering... Uh, did he say something or..." I began, causing Narancia to laugh a bit.

"Remember when you healed him on the island of Capri? Afterwards he told me he was worried about you but didn't know how to ask you if you were okay, so he never did." He paused before continuing. "To be honest Y/N, I'm surprised you don't notice how he constantly worries about you. He's always keeping an eye out for anything that could hurt you."

"Why does he care about me so much?" I asked, not even attempting to hide that it made me a smile a bit to think about it. I grew up on my own, with no one to care for me. Then I met Bucciarati, Narancia, and now Mista? It brought a tiny piece of joy to my heart.

"I dunno..." Narancia went back to his usual self, and waved it off as if the conversation didn't happen, but a faint smirk still marked his lips.

~~~

The cold had faded, and the gunshots stopped a while ago. We figured the fight was over, but we weren't sure who won. Once we got closer, I could hear Mista's voice shouting something incoherent.

"There they are! Giorno, Mist-" Narancia's jaw dropped at the sight. Mista layed on a bench, with Giorno leaning over him. Narancia covered his eyes. "WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!" He yelled in panic.

"Giorno is clearly trying to make the bullets inside Mista became living material, so that he doesn't, y'know, die." I answered. "Hold up, what did you think they were doing? I asked before realizing what it also looked like. "YOU BIG BUFFOON." I yelled and smacked him across the head as we stopped the boat at a nearby edge. Narnacia's dirty minded imagination got on my nerves, but I was happy to see them both alive.

"Mista! Giorno!" Narancia exclaimed as he we ran towards them. "You're alive!!"

"Of course we are, and we have the disc with the information." Giorno answered as he waved a square object in the air. I looked over at Mista, who was already staring at me. I gave him a faint smile as I approached him, and noted all the new gunshot wounds covering his body. His slouched posture reminded me that Giorno's 'healing' saved him, but didn't take away the pain. I placed my hand on his cheek, similar to what he did at the train the other day, then I slapped him as hard as I could.

"OUCH!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

"THAT'S FOR ALWAYS GETTING YOURSELF IN NEAR-DEATH SITUATIONS." I yelled back at him, unable to contain a smile of relief. "But... I'm glad you're okay..." This time, I was the one to look away. Mista put his arm over my shoulders, letting his body lean on me.

"Yeah, I'm fine now... but I need some help until the pain disappears." He said. "Besides, you're clearly shivering, so you're definitely in need of some warmth... isn't that right, Bellissima*?" He was right, my body did shiver. Probably from the mixture of the cold and the additional adrenaline rush. Though, the 'bellissima' comment sure made my face heat up... That, along with Mista's arm and body leaning on me, giving me more than enough warmth for now...

~~~

Once we headed back to the others, we got the last message, instructions on how to drop of Trish. They were really specific. Get to the island, only one person can escort her, no phone to contact anyone else from our team. Sure, it was the Boss of Passione, but it felt off.

We got on a boat to head over to the place of the drop-off. Mista and I sat beside each other as we approached the Island. Giorno and Bucciarati argued about who should be the one to bring Trish onto the island, and settled on Bucciarati as he's the team leader. He used Sticky Fingers to hide the fact that he brought a phone with him to communicate with Giorno. Not long after, Bruno and Trish both headed into a large building, where Trish would meet the father she never knew.

~~~

"Where are they, damnit..." Narancia's mumbling was heard on my left. As I turned to look at him, I noticed him grabbing Mista's collar. "Was it you?! Did you take them?!" He asked, a bit aggressively.

"Are you dumb? They're in your mouth." Mista replied, pointing to the pieces of chocolate that Narancia had eaten. One could almost see his eyes shine from the realization. "Yeah, exactly, so don't give me that attitude..." Mista changed his gaze to me now.

"What are you staring at me for? Do I have something on my face?" I leaned over the edge of the boat and looked at my reflection, the only thing staring back at me was my E/C-colored eyes.

"It's just yo-" He started off, quickly interrupted by Giorno's yelling.

"Something went wrong! We need to hurry!" All of us ran of the boat as fast as we could. For some reason, Mista must have thought I was too slow, because I felt his hand grab mine. It didn't necessarily make me run any faster, but for some reason I didn't mind.

~~~~~~~

*Bellissima = gorgeous

Okay so I hope y'all didn't mind me adding the Venice scene...

~~~~~~~