Chapter 4|• The twins and Athy

.

.

.

"Papa...I'm sleepy.." Anastasia whispered to Claude who was currently inside the meeting room with the nobles.

"Wait for a bit Ana. Papa will finish this quickly." Claude gently patted the head of his seven-year-old daughter. "You can sleep on me for now." Ana leaned in her Father's chest slowly drifting to sleep peacefully.

The princess was tired from her training powers and fell asleep in no time.

Aldrich on the other hand, was listening to the nobles high and brainless demands. It's making him annoyed and impatient, and wanting the meeting to end.

Claude sighs hearing another compliant from a noble again, slowly looking over Aldrich and Anastasia then back to the nobles with a glare directed to them as if saying 'if my daughter wakes up, your dead.'

The nobles gulp then a noble spoke.
"With all due respect,your Majesty. The alliance with the Northern empire is a good move to expand our supplies and land. We might even conquer the entire continent if that-" the noble was cut close.

"Even without the help of the northern empire I can still conquer anything. Even the entire northern empire itself I can." Claude said sharply scarring the nobles their goosebumps rising.

"But..your Majesty! Please consider! The Northern empire went out its way to send us the letter of alliance and rejecting their offer means war your Majesty."

"You Majesty please reconsider your decision!"

"Please your Majesty!"

"We beg you your Majesty!"

The nobles protested making Aldrich furrow his eye brows seeing his sister move because of the noise they made.

"Silence." Claude said.

"War?" Claude scoffs. "If they bring put war between us I will make sure to end their entire bloodline myself. My decision is final. Don't go against my words..otherwise you all know the consequences."

"..."

"..."

"..."

The room fell silence until Anastasia woke up from Claude's arms.

"Mmm...Papa?" Anastasia said rubbing her eyes seeing Aldrich on her side who is also sitting in Claudes lap.

"Don't worry sweetheart. The this meeting ends here." Claude gave the nobles cold stares and they nodded.

"You're all dismissed." Claude rose up from his seat with the twins on his arms.

"Blessings and glory upon the Sun and Stars of Obelian empire." They all said in union before Emperor left with the imperial twins and their three knights.

Claude was annoyed, every time they he would have a meeting with the nobles they would either have demands or have suggest that its time for the imperial twins to be engaged. Especially the princess. And that topic angered Claude. No one will lay they're hands on his precious children.