Chapter 8: A sudden Visit

Aldrich's PoV:

The banquet is noisy as always. I sighed while looking down the crowd of people below the throne next to father.

Oh?

"Blessings and Glory upod the sun and stars of Obelian Impire." The white haired noisy duke of Alpheos greeted. His a pain. Wait a moment. Is it time already..? I looked over at my twin who's deep in thoughts, probably thinking of the same thing. I can't be mistaken. That brunette hair and... huh..? I paused when I saw a certain white haired boy.

'I hope he doesn't recognize me!' I pleaded and heard my twin scoff at the other side. I saw her look at me with a smirk. 'You. Are. Dead.' She mouthed while her fan was covering her side. I clenched my jaw tightly, hoping Ezekiel won't recognize my appearance.

I heard the Duke talk, but I couldn't quite hear what he was talking about. Why? Well, if only a certain magician is not dancing with my little sister I wouldn't be this irked. How dare he put a little trick on Athanasia's shoes. I'll kill him when I get the time.

...

"What the actual hell?" I mumbled to myself when I the princess of Athean Empire was presented. I saw father looked at me from the corner of my eyes, he asked; "What's wrong?" I motioned my head 'no' and gave him a slight smile. I sound like a girl right now.

"It's an honor meeting you, your Majesty the emperor, and your highnesses, Prince Aldrich and Princess Anastasia." She said as she curtsied. "It's also our honor to meet you, Princess Amethysts. For you to come in such a long journey, we appreciate your effort." Anastasia said politely. See? Thats my sister over there. "Thank you for the warm welcome, Princess, My Father was too occupied so he requested for me to come here instead."

'Liar. You came here for my brother.' I hear Anastasia. She got her.

"Please do give our regards your Father. Enjoy the rest if the ball, Princess." Father said. "Thank you, Your Majesty. Blessings and Glory upon the sun and stars of Obelian Empire." She said and took one last glance at me. I nearly shivered. Nearly.

'I can hear your thoughts, dear Ana.'

'...whatever..'

I sighed then laughed quietly to myself.

"Shan't the two of you be enjoying yourselves? Go and dance." Claude said while he looked at his two stars. "I am quite alright father," Anastasia said and I chuckled. "You're only like that because Helio isn't here." I teased and she blushed. "Is that true, Anastasia de Alger Obelia?" Dad said and Ana sweatdropped. "Its not like I like him!" "But no one said you do?" I said and she blushed more. Father laughed a bit. "It doesn't matter if you like him or not. What matters is that if you're dating him without telling me." Father said with a hint of terror in his voice. I gulped. "Ana is not dating anyone dad, not is she interested in anyone at the moment." I said easing the two. "Aldrich is correct. For once." She mumbled the last part then giggled when she saw me irking. "Alright, if you say so." That was all that dad said. "I'll get some fresh air outside, dad. I'll excuse myself." I said as I got up my throne. "alright." "Take care, Al."

Going down the stairs of the throne, I felt eyes following me. The others were too occupied too ever notice me, but the Ladies inside the ballroom had their eyes on me. That alone, was enough for me to vomit. Honestly, I don't like the attention. At least not like this. The moment I stepped out the room I felt my breathing ease. I felt the eyes away and somehow, the uncomfortable feeling went away. Though I wasn't alone. I knew he was there. Ezekiel.