Chapter 1: Reunion

'What was this feeling?'

'When my mind without consent dipped into a sea of thoughts. In which, questions asked by none appeared as quickly as they had faded. There was a world, a world where I can be myself and speak as who I am. A world where I must hide my true feeling to survive. A world where my wildest dream and worst nightmare come to life within the same moment. In there, I see him, or he sees me. A man who resembled me yet was not me was standing there still, looking, looking into my eyes. His green iris reminded me of my current mother, a kind woman who had the world turned on her. Yet my heavy head was a formidable foe. And in the end, I existed that world as confused as when I have entered.'

'Dread, was this the word for it? Or perhaps it's merely my mind playing a trick on itself as a show of revenge for the negligence of care towards him? Or perhaps, there was someone there. Another me, another soul that had just found the window to the outer world. Or perhaps am I the impostor here, trapping the original user of this body in the cage I have created for him. I'm like the warden fending off the evil inmate, the dragon that had imprisoned the princess in the tower.'

'All these were confusing words, I knew. Conflicting, senseless, utter nonsense. None make sense, and it will never do. Yet, I felt like if I at the very least didn't acknowledge the existence of these thoughts, part of me will never be whole. These thoughts created me, regardless of how I viewed them.'

"Onii-san

! It's been 10 minutes already! When are you letting me in?"

'Human indeed was a strange creature. To be able to have such nonsense, useless thoughts while surviving. When others choose to evolve with fur and claw, humans choose to delve into thought, to explore the depth of consciousness despite the circumstances that their survival was at stake. It's a miracle that homo-sapient had come so far as a species.'

"Come on! Just open the door. I wanna see your room!"

'Even hallucination had begun to echo in my ears. Strange. How long has it been since I have heard the voice of my sister? Perhaps even I had subconsciously missed her presence. But since when did my hallucination can replicate the sound of her with such clarity? Nonetheless, I should take a nap before this turned for the worse.'

"O-n-i-i-c-h-a-n! Don't make me-"

'Goodbye, today. I will be waiting for tomorrow to come. You will forever be remembered for being a cruel mistress to me.'

"I'm sending your half naked picture to Marine."

"Don't you f*cking dare." After a moment of silence, a muffled but loud voice pass through the door into the girl's ears, the latter then gave off a small grin. The voice clearly showed signs of fear and terror of the possibility of the outcome.

"Then when will you let me in~"

"J-just give me another 10 minutes, Fubuki. I can't show you my house in this state."

Piles of trash, unwashed clothes, crumbled-up notes, and dishes that had attracted the attention of flies. This was the house that the man, Shirakami Haruto was living in. Despite having over a total of 40 years of life experience before and after his reincarnation, his house was more similar to a slum than an actual place of living.

And of course, he had to hide the porn on his hard drive. His PC was trying the absolute best to remove the years of 'treasures' he had accumulated in the past few years which he had to sadly let go to prevent Fubuki from getting access to. The girl had been awfully capable to scour through his room for his secret.

"(Sigh). I already knew your fetish. Black silk and big boobs right? Just let me get in and get over with." Fubuki instinctively sulk when she mentioned big boobs and looked down on her assets.