Chapter 3: Summer is here

Natsuiro Matsuri was a chaotic person. This was a well known fact among her viewers due to the countless stream that she had done in the past which was filled with clip worthy content. Yet, it might prove surprising to them that even Matsuri had a shy side in her personality. In particular, it only happened when the agenda in question had something to do with Haruto, her stepbrother.

And today when she was on her usual routine to shop for some bento for dinner in the convenience store, she received a rare call from Fubuki herself.

"What!? Dinner with Onii-san!?"

"I-I will be there immediately? When does it start? Okay, don't you dare start without me."

Her brother that was gone for years had invited her to dinner. A pleasant surprise that had filled her with joy and disbelief. And before she knew it, her feet had already dragged her all the way to the old house she had once lived in.

"Ding dong" The doorbell rang. And within minutes, it was opened by a white haired fox girl.

"Tch, welcome back." The not so welcoming greetings were of course by none other than her dear sister, Shirakami Fubuki who was staring through the gaps of the door. Matsuri ignored Fubuki's lack of politeness, however. Instead, she pressed on to the only matter she was concerned about.

"Is Onii-san really back?"

"Yeah...He's currently cooking inside." Fubuki reluctantly answered her question.

"Why didn't you notice me earlier then!?"

"Hmph, what makes you think that I should tell you about this beforehand?"

"I'm literally his little sister! Am I not obliged to the whereabout of my own brother?"

"Excuse me, it will be 'step sister' instead."

"Tch." Matsuri knew this conversation will lead to nowhere, "Anyway, let me in now."

"Wait," However the arm from Fubuki suddenly blocked her way into the house.

Matsuri raised her eyebrows, "What? Blocking people from visiting Onii-san now huh?"

"Before you go in. Promise me that you won't reveal his return to the others." Fubuki ignored Matsuri's aggressiveness and went on with her topic, "He told me before that he need some time. But he promised that he will pay a visit to everyone else. And I fully intend to keep this secret for now."

"...You get my promise." If it's a request from Haruto himself, Matsuri has no reason to be against it, "Is there anything else then?"

"...This is just a personal request from me. However, if you can..."

Meanwhile, Haruto was still busy in the kitchen preparing dinner. He was currently stir frying a salmon fish that he had brought earlier from the grocery nearby. Although he might not have cooked as often as he used to, he still regards his cooking as much better than both his sister.

The house he was in now was the first and only house he had ever brought in his life. More importantly, it's where he had spent a majority of his youth at. It consisted of two storeys with more than enough room for five people to live in. And now, it's been living by Fubuki alone ever since he and Matsuri had moved out from here.

Thus, it was not a surprise for Haruto when he opened the fridge to see that it was filled with nothing but sweet drinks, desserts and ice cream. He did question how that girl managed to maintain her slim figure and health within the three years though.

'Female is indeed a different creature than men huh...' Haruto can only come up with this conclusion.

In the end, after throwing away more than half the junk food Fubuki had stacked up to make space, Haruto managed to fill in the fridge with some actual food with only minor bite marks on his arms.