PRELUDE

Some stories come gently to me, some need a lot of planning, some drip like a faulty tap until I can't ignore them any longer. Love Strings was a storm.

Like Angie Fisher, the lead female character, this love story barged into my life out of turn, demanding I write it, which was a perfect start for this fiery lust-to-love tale.

🎼🎵🎶🎙️🎧🎹

Ambitious singer-songwriter Angie can't take her eyes (and hands) off Mike after her performance at a Friendsgiving bash. The most X-rated handshake in Angie's twenty-three years of life leads to an evening full of heated conversations and to an even more heated night. Angie's rule is to live in the moment, and she is eager to get lost in the magic Mike wields over her.

Mike, a structural engineer by day and martial art enthusiast by night, is the perfect son, brother, colleague, and friend. He'd like to add the title of 'perfect boyfriend' to the list, but that would take too much of his time and energy. One-night stands are not for him until Angie shatters the mold he's been stuck in for twenty-four years and has him questioning what the F he's doing with his life.

Mike's all in, ready to forget his job, and himself to be with the woman he's never dreamed of when Angie receives the offer to open for a popular rock group on their US tour, a break she's been working toward for years. She screams yes, even though her connection with Mike begs her to stay in Chicago.

Can one night together be enough to sustain months apart?

🎼🎵🎶🎙️🎧🎹

WARNINGS:

• This story contains mature themes of sex, injuries, drugs, and a car crash (not graphicly depicted but implied). Some of the material can be triggering for recovering addicts.

• Poetry alert: Angie's lyrics are original poems by yours truly that I'd love to set to music one day (vision board). Scroll to the back of the story to read those.

• Cursing is in probably every chapter from Mike's POV.

• There's still food, but not as much as in Love Novice or Love Graduate. You're out of luck here.

Love Strings is a standalone novel (you can just read Love Strings, you don't need any info from the previous book) in Love in Chicago Series. Angie and Mike's love story starts where Love Novice leaves off, so if you crave to know what happened to Ben and Am during their time apart, read on.

• I don't have any Greek heritage, so if you see any misrepresentation where Mike and his family are concerned, I'd love for you to DM me here or on socials so I can correct it. I've done my research, had a sensitivity reader, but I acknowledge this is not my lived experience.

• Although there are many intimate scenes in this story and they are frequently open door, they are around 🌶️🌶️ . Their point is more emotional than physical. If lust-to-love gives you the idea of descriptive scenes, you might be disappointed.

🎼🎵🎶🎙️🎧🎹

With a happy-for-now ending, you'll get the start of Mike and Angie's story here. For more, you can read Love Graduate, where they return to being significant side characters.

 For more, you can read Love Graduate, where they return to being significant side characters