1

As soon as we were told we were leaving The Isle, I made-up an excuse to get away from the other VK's. I needed him before I lost control. I couldn't be around my mother like this or she would know the power I hold while still on The Isle. Dad has made it very clear to avoid her when I'm like this. He's been training me a lot more lately, he's also the only person who knows about Harry.

As I make it to our hideaway, I see his hook on our bed and I can hear the shower running, which I'd spelled to be warm. I lay holding myself, facing the door with his hook next to me. I Reach over and start fiddling with it as the door opens and he walks out.

As soon as I see him, I know something's wrong. He's not putting any weight on his leg as well as his entire body is covered in bruises and slashes, so deep that it looks like someone was trying to kill him.

I instantly get out of bed and run over to him. "Dragon," he says with a soft horse voice. "I'm okay, just a bit sore."

From where I stand, I put his arm over my shoulders and walk him slowly over to our bed and gently set him down. Without saying anything, I walk back into the bathroom and see his t-shirt on the floor covered in blood. I put it into the sink to soak before going to the cupboard, I finally found what I needed before walking back out to him.

"What happened Tink?" I whisper as I sit down next to him.

"It was either this or he went after Harriet and CJ, Dragon. I didn't have a choice." His hand grabbed mine as I was shaking, trying to undo the serum in my hand. Once I looked into his eyes, he grabbed my face and pulled me down to softly kiss me. As he pulled away, he gave me one of his rare smiles to let me know he was okay.

"Are both the girls okay at least? Do they need anything?" I carefully ask him.

"They're both okay, asleep I think in their room here. It took them both about 40 minutes to get me here without anyone seeing us. There is probably a warrant for us on our side of town. I thought they were both off deck, but as he was doing this, Harriet must have come back because all of a sudden he dropped and they were both covered in his blood with your dagger in Harriets' hand with CJ standing behind her legs."

I must have looked shocked when Harry finished because he let out a small chuckle.

"He's dead?" I asked.

"As dead as a doornail." Harry responded.

I started to add the serum on all of the slices on his body. With a small smile on both of our faces as I came to the Dragon Tattoo on his hip. After I finished, I wanted to cry and he must have sensed it because he moved over and pulled me onto the bed next to him.

"I can practically feel your magic vibrating off of you, what's wrong?"

I looked up at him and he must have sensed how this conversation was going to go because the next words out of his mouth, both shocked and comforted me. "I'm going to call for your dad, and then we'll talk."

"OK." I responded, tucking myself into his side as he pulled out the blue jewel from his pocket. My dad charmed it, so if he was needed, Harry would just tap it and he would know to make his way to the hideaway.

Next thing I know, I hear the panic in my dad's voice yelling through the hideaway and Harriet and CJ running from their room. Harry kisses my forehead with the promise of being back and goes outside to calm down the God. I can't quite make out what they're saying, but CJ and Harriet sneak into my room. "Come on, Mali," CJ whispers. Harriet comes over to get me up," Let's go show the guys were all okay."

When I stand I feel my magic sparking, it feels like someone is electrocuting me "girls get away from me, Get out!" I scream at them.

The girls leave, but Harry and my dad run in, Harry grabs a blanket and wraps it round my shoulders as my dad grabs my hands.

"Princess," my dad's voice centres me and I look up at him, "Channel it through me. All of it, I'll be okay."

I look at Harry and he nods at me and rests his forehead against my temple whispering in a language I didn't understand. I start to let my magic out, my eyes glowing their tell tale green, my hair changing to an electric blue from the usual dark purple. If it weren't for my Dad being a God, the strength of the grip I gained on his hands would have broken them.