4

"When do you leave?" Hades questioned as he pulled away slightly.

"We're getting picked up tomorrow morning from outside mum's place."

"Okay," Hades couldn't think of what to say to his daughter that would make all of this better. "I'm going to go and wake Harry because he deserves to know what is happening. We're going to make a plan Mal, you have my word." Hades got up and walked over to the bedroom to get Harry as Mal got up and walked over to the kitchen area, she let out a breath. Harry's jumper was resting on the back of the chair, she couldn't help but put it on and let out a small laugh at how big it was on her, the bottom of it reaching her knees, she sat at the chair and started to fiddle with the necklace he had given her for her birthday. Her dad watched as her boyfriend walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, she all but jumped into them as if trying to hide herself in him.

"Is it true?" he heard Harry ask her.

When all Mal did was bury her face in his shoulder he knew the answer, knew that her father wasn't lying about what was happening.

"We'll all be okay mo dhrágon." he said with so much confidence that Mal looked up at him. "Your dad will protect us, as he always has done."

Mal looked to her dad and he nodded a promise before she looked back to Harry, "If I'm going then I want something of yours to take with me."

"Okay," he smiled down at her. "What do you want to take?"

"I want your hat."

"Then I want your pendant," he replied.

"Fine." Mal took off her necklace, "Kneel down so you're not so tall."

Harry took a knee and she put her pendant around his neck and he stood back up before reaching to the table and grabbing his hat, placing it on her head, "You better come back to me, I can't be a captain without my Queen now, can I?"

"I'll come back, just don't lose yourself to Neverland."

The Isle affected everyone on it but what many people didn't know is the reason none of their parents aged was due to The Isle being the prison of what was left of Neverland. It seemed to affect the Hook family more than anyone, although the fae and magic folk couldn't access their magic, it drove Harry's dad to insanity most days. Mal noticed it affecting Harry the first time when they were about 16, after his initiation to the crew, he would lose what was real and what was a fallacy. It is when she went from dressing in dark colours with her near black purple hair to bright greens and purples and electric purple hair. This way, he could always find her in the crowd, his focus point when fantasy was merging with reality.