XIX , Just Chatting

"Wassup~" You hummed. There was an immediate commotion.

"WHAT THE FUCK-"

"Omg wifey!!! You sound amazing!!"

"Heart, you finally invested huh?"

"Your quality is great."

"Is that a HyperX QuadCast S mic?"

"How do you always know what mic I'm using, Cove?" You laughed, leaning back.

"It's my super power." She joked.

"Woah, you upgraded your whole setup." Claristo said knowingly. "It looks great."

"Wait!! I wanna see! Omg let me load up your stream." Circute gasped excitedly, and you heard some soft clicking from her end.

"Why didn't you tell any of us?" Warni grunted.

"I thought the surprise would be fun." You replied cheekily. "And it was. It was fun to see how shocked all of you were."

"Covestry didn't seem particularly surprised." Kurobo piped up. "Is it maybe because you knew this would happen soon?"

"Yeah." Covestry confirmed. "I've been tracking Heartra's growth. Going any longer without any upgrades would've been a crime."

"So scary." You whined jokingly. "Covestry knows so much~ no wonder you're so big on the platform!"

"Ah, yes. I suppose I don't like to leave things up to chance." She told you simply.

"Fair." You chuckled and shook your head. "So how is everybody doooiiiinnngggg~?"

"All the better now that you're here, Heart." Kurobo hummed softly.

"Fucking shut up with your goddamn simping, Kuro." Warni groaned loudly and the sound of slapping resonated through his mic.

"Lololol, if you should be saying that to anybody, it should be me!" Circute puffed proudly. "I'm Heart's wifey after all! And wifey duo is going to carry!"

"Hell yeah!" You cheered. "Don't worry, you guys. You've got two pro-gamers on your team."

"Heart..." Claristo laughed airily.

"Yes, beloved?"

He sucked in a sharp breath. "I think you've actively got worse at playing games during your time streaming."

"What!!! Claristo that's so mean!" You whined.

"Yeah, wtf Claristo! I'm gonna leave you to die for that!" Circute gasped. Claristo chuckled.

"Ok ok, I apologize." Saying that, he muted up again.

"At least Heart is funny." Kurobo pointed out.

"People sure do find her fucking hilarious." Warni agreed in their own way.

"That's because my wifey is the best!"

"You're so lucky to have Cute simping so hard for you, Heart." Covestry pointed out. "She and I have been besties for years, she's never been so down bad for somebody."

"Yeah, but it's a joke." You pointed out with a grin. "We're besties, but it's not like I'm actually into Cute. She's not into me either." You clarified, glaring at chat lightheartedly. "Anyways, who are we up against first?"

"Oh, these fuck faces called Daysis, Crosturi, Rozulink, Stathor, Sileaf, and Rotza." Warni told you in return.

"Rotza?" The name sounded familiar. It took a second but then you gasped. "I raided him the other day!" You laughed. "Oh, god. Don't tell me he's a horrible person."

"What the fuck? Did you raid someone and not check what they're like?" Warni scolded.

"Yeah." You confirmed. "I was tired and he was in the category, okay! Don't yell at me!"

"Whatever. He's a total asshole." Warni sighed. "Whole team is. They take pride in it."

"Warni isn't wrong about that." Covestry piped up. "They're genuinely pretty bad people... Rotza especially. Ah... What's his name..."

"Why does it matter?" Circute whined.

"I dunno, it's in my mind somewhere and it bugs me that I can't remember..." Covestry hummed long and hard. Until eventually, "ah, right, thank you chat. His name is Joshua. I remember now."

"... Joshua?"