Chapter 1.

Aneyshya's POV:

"Aneyshya!" My mom yells, storming up the stairs.

Great. What did I do? Hopefully she didn't find out about-

"Why did you go out last night?" She asks, interrupting my thoughts.

I did go out, but not to a club or a party.

"I went to the river near the valley to skip rocks."  I say, truthfully.

"Yeah, right. Anyway, where did Sev go?" She says, drinking what I think is water, but with my mom, I don't even know anymore. "How am I supposed to know where your boyfriend went? I don't even like the guy. I prefer to keep it that way." I say, crossing my arms. "Well he's my boyfriend and I want to know where he is, Aneyshya." My mom says, leaving my room.

I don't like Sev. He's a narcissistic man-whore. He's cheated on my mom about three times. I've told her but she thinks I'm just lying just so he'll leave. My mom is obsessed with him. She always twirls his brown curly hair and looks at his green eyes I wish I had.

Instead I have dark brown, basically black eyes. You can't really see my pupils unless you look really close, or I'm in the sun.

I close my door, and lock it. Knowing my mom, she's gonna barge in here while I'm shirtless like always.

I take off my pajama shirt and throw it on the floor.

My room's already dirty, what's one shirt gonna do?

I rummage through my closet, trying to find the light green, kind of sage halter top I lost about a week ago.

Instead I find my baggy jeans that I love and wear like every other week.

I slide off my grey fuzzy p.j pants and put on my baggy jeans, glancing at how they look in the mirror.

I try to look harder, I need to wear that top. I have to prove to Libby that I can dress nice or stylish when I want to.

I come across a dark red tube top that every girl in my school has, I am not going to wear that. I'm gonna get dress coded again.

I throw all of the clothes that aren't the halter top on my bed.

Yes! I found it, it was under some bra that I think I lost a month ago and the leggings I got dress coded in because you could see the outline of my panties, and apparently, it's distracting to the boys. But the boys don't care, heck, they don't even look at me, it anything's it's the creepy male teachers who are perverts.

I slide it on over my body, and walk over to the door where my mirror is stuck to the back of it.

I pull my jeans up, making sure none of my stomach is showing and I grab my favorite leather jacket off of the coatrack and walk out.

I walk back in and grab a black T-shirt just in case I get dress coded. I am not gonna wear my gym clothes again.

I grab my backpack from the floor where I left it and yell, "mom, I'm gonna go to school!"

"'Kay, don't go anywhere else!" She yells from either the kitchen or her room.

Where the hell is Xander? He's supposed to be here by now, outside of my house. He said he'd be bringing a friend and if I know Xander, he's going to bring like three of his friends.

I hear a familiar, "heyyyy," in a low voice.

I turn around and oh my gosh.

It's Rai.

Great. Great. Great. Great.

So Rai and I kinda have a history, and not a good one.

So when I was about fourteen Rai tried to convince me to go over his house, so we could "hang out". It was not the hang out that I thought it would be. There were about fifty or maybe forty kids there, drinking and smoking. Some of them were making about, playing spin the bottle. I weny over to him and said, "what the hell?" He explained that if I didn't want to hang out, I could go home. I told him that I thought we were going to study, or just talk, not a party where a bunch  of  freshmen's and sophomore's were acting like they just turned twenty-one.

So I left, and I never spoke to him again. Kind of like in the movies. But except it's not. It's real life, and people aren't always what they seem. The only time we actually had a decent conversation was last month, where he asked me if I knew where the karaoke bar was.

I avoid eye contact with Rai, instead I grab Xander by his arm and pull him away from Rai.

"Um, what the actual fuck?" I say, gesturing to Rai.

"What do you mean? I told you I was gonna bring a friend." He says, looking back at him.

"Yeah, I didn't know it was him. I thought it was another one of your friends that you had a crush on or something." I say, pulling him back to where Rai is blankly standing.

"Sorry." Xander mouths.

We walk together, in silence. It's kinda awkward. I think Xander notices this and he tries to start a conversation with, "so . . . uhh, how's your mom, Shay?" I don't like being called my nickname in front of people I'm not friends or at least comfortable with. But I don't want to be bitchy today so I just say, "she's good. Just a little worried about Sev. He's probably just at work." I say. "Sev?" Rai asks.

"Yeah, he's my mom's boyfriend, why?" I ask, kind of making eye contact with Rai.

"He's at my house, he's my dad." Rai says, stopping everyone from walking further.