Chapter 2.

What? Rai's dad is my mom's boyfriend?

No, this isn't right, it can't be. I knew he was a man-whore, but I didn't expect him to have kids, let alone a family.

"Uh, what?"

Rai looks as shocked as I am.

"Sev.. Sev Williams? Y'know, white, curly hair, green eyes."

Yes. It is Sev. Now that he's describing what he looks like, I never realized how similar they look, besides the fact that Rai's skin is like mine, an olive tone, only s bit lighter.

"Yep.. that's him. Does he stutter when  he talks sometimes?" I ask, trying to verify if it truly is him.

"Yeah.." he says, with a quivering lip.

"He's an asshole. He's your dad. He's not supposed to---" Rai cuts me off, "Was my dad. My mom and dad are divorced. I have a step-dad. He's way better. More dad material. He's not a cheating bastard like him. It's okay, I guess, I guess he's allowed to date, since him and my mum aren't together anymore. I was just a little shocked, is all. But let's get to school before we're late." He says, walking. I thought it was worse, I thought he was still with mom. But I guess it's been so long, I never noticed Rai has a light English accent.

I walk along with them, Xander and Rai talking about some Xbox or Playstation game that I don't care about. I grab my earbuds out of my pocket and plug them in my phone. The whole way I hum along to my favorite songs.

"Shay, Shay!" Xander says, shaking my shoulder.

"What?" I say, taking out my earbuds, snapping me back to reality.

"I was talking to you." He says, itching his arm.

"Sorry. What'd you say?"

"I was saying, do you think I have a chance with Adrianne?" He says, gesturing lightly toward a blue-eyed blonde girl.

"Uhh, her?" I ask.

"No the boy sitting next to her." I hate when Xander is sarcastic.

"Yes, you do, you're decent. But she may have a boyfriend, I saw some guy trying to kiss her." I say.

"Nah, she broke up with him." He says, gazing with loving eyes at his crush.

"Then yep! Go talk to her!"

I push Xander lightly. He gives me a "why the fuck did you do that?" glare.

I laugh, while Rai goes the other direction, probably to class.

I go forward, to Mr. Salis's class, my English teacher.

I sit in my usual seat, close to the front because the guy hates my guts.

"Well, well, well, so it seems Little Miss Slut does have the shirt." Libby says, twirling her self-curled hair.

"Yeah, in fact I do, Libby. I told you I did, apparently you forgot. Just like you forgot about your boyfriend's birthday." I say, making the fakest smile possible.

"Shut up. At least I didn't sleep with three guys in the same night," she adds, pushing me off my chair.

I swear to God, I will fight her.

But that's what she wants me to do.

To play her stupid little game.

But I won't, I promised my brother I wouldn't fight again. I can't break another promise.

I lift up my chair, and sit back down, pretending to be unbothered by her actions.

She laughs, and sits on her boyfriend's lap, kissing him.

I look away, it's disgusting.

Mr S hasn't came in yet, so I suspect we're early. Either way I'm fine with it.

Xander walks in, looking either happy, faithful, or sad.

He sits in his seat, next to mine.

"So how'd it go?" I ask, adjusting my top.

"He said yes."

"He?"