Chapter Two: The Dawning of A New Day

I wait for what seems like hours, the sun stretching across the barren sky, illuminating the Greenlands around me; its sharp light glaring over the horizon, to which I have to squint so as to not damage my vision.

-

My ass hurts from the fall and my head hurts from colliding with that broad lady.

-

This isn't exactly the best start to the new day, but the scenery was pretty.

-

I shift uncomfortably, craning my neck to see what could be taking her so long. By the gods, there's a mound of groceries stacked atop the countertop. Right before I look away, I notice something in my peripheral view - a yellow sheet of paper, amongst a flood of others- missing person cases.

-

One of the newest sheets, the glue barely dried, was of a feminine face, framed with strands of hair and braids leading to the nape of their neck, tying back a bun. It wasn't just that they had a striking resemblance to me - the portrait was of me. They were looking for me. My blood soars through my veins, causing my headache to spike, but now that no longer mattered.

-

It takes all my strength to not smash my fist into the glass then and there; instead, I tear down the poster and fold it into squares, placing it into my pocket. I hear a little bell ring and see the lady walk out of the shop door to my right. As the gods had willed, I was immensely pissed off.

-

The lady's eyes widened, now a crimson blood-red color in the sunlight, "Are you okay?"

-

She looks down upon me as I clumsily lean against the post that I had previously hitched the mare at, who he had called Clara. I never cared to call her by her name.

-

I always referred to her as Honey, first, it started as a nickname, then it just stuck. She had even refused to answer when he'd call her by her real name.

-

Oh, how he had hated that, he had hated everything about me. He was disgusted by me, and never once looked at or touched me with even a faint glimmer of affection. There was no love in our marriage, no matter what the outsiders thought, or what my brother had thought.

-

What had he thought? That I've left him for that pig of a man?

-

Never would I, for he was all I ever wanted, to be together as a family again. After marrying that wretched fuck, he cut off all my contact with my family, threatening divorce, to ensure I couldn't run off with his money. I hadn't cared for him but that would mean that the money my family needed would no longer be ours.

-

I haven't talked to Viktor in nearly seventeen years, how much he has changed, only the deities could tell. I hadn't even known if Ma was still alive, how much change the seventeen years had held in my life.

-

Oh, how I wished that I had slit his throat on our honeymoon, that surely would've shut him up about disliking my weight, but I hadn't and all night he blabbered all night about how odious my appearance was. I hadn't cared, I hated his guts since I met him, how much I would pay to watch them spill here and now, let alone be the one doing it.

-

"I'm fine." I answered, a bright smile reaching my eyes, "What is it that you need?"

-