* ★ jesus ♡ *

*

the living situation was simple, until it wasn't.

"what do you mean you forgot to book the fucking airbnb?" tsukishima had a migraine, kageyama was apologizing to y/n while hinata was begging for forgiveness.

"i'm sorry! i got distracted with finals!" he cried, the only person who felt sympathetic was y/n.

"it's fine, hinata."

"oh the finals you nearly fucking failed!" kageyama scolded, getting a hit to the head from hinata.

"you almost did too, oh mighty great one!" y/n sweat dropped, an inch away from calling yamaguchi for help.

"guys,"

"we all had our jobs and you somehow screwed up you're only one." tsukki sighed, fingers firmly pressed into his temples.

"there's an extra room here, guys." y/n spoke up, catching their attention. they'd been arguing the whole way to y/n's place, a relatively good sized house with two bedrooms and a stiff looking couch.

the three boys shared a look, the two taller boys shoving hinata onto the couch before he could get a word in.

"wait, why do i have to take the couch?" he asked, both other boys deadpanned.

"why do you think?"

"i know you're an idiot but geez."

"hold on, hold on!" hinata said, standing with a smirk rising to his features, "you should consider that you both being the tallest, would take up a lot of space on a bed. while i'm smaller, meaning more space for you if one of you switched with me."

kageyama and tsukishima shared a look, hinata thought he had them fooled but he was just pushed back onto the couch.

"and have to squeeze onto that four foot couch? no thanks." kageyama said, picking up his bag and leaving to find the extra bedroom.

"it's even your size, shrimpy." tsukishima chuckled, "look, perfect." hinata was in fact bigger than the couch, his feet dangling over the armrest and his head laying uncomfortably.

hinata sighed as tsukishima left as well, muttering about how this was going to be a long week.

it was silent for a moment before hinata spoke up, "sorry i forgot to book our own place." hinata said, getting y/n to look over at him, "we can be loud sometimes, and you probably wanted to relax before you have to start working."

"like i said, it's fine." y/n started, hand creeping up to rub her neck in embarrassment, "the more time i get to spend with you guys, the better. so there's really no need to apologize." she finished, giving him her best smile despite her lips wanting to curve into a dopey grin.

the male shot up, bringing the girl into a hug as he smiled back, "you're really amazing, you know that?"

now she couldn't help it as she short circuited, steam practically rolling off her cheeks as she heated up.

"yeah yeah, no problem!"

most of the day was spent settling in and planing to make the most of the time they all had together. with kageyama and tsukishima only staying for a week, hinata staying till college began, and y/n staying for a year.

they regrouped in the kitchen, talking casually as tsukki made lunch.

"how'd you even afford this place, y/n?" kageyama asked, standing at the kitchen counter as he looked around.

"it's my aunts summer home, she said she'd be visiting a friend in korea so i could stay here for my studies." she shrugged, offering to help tsukishima with lunch.

"wow, she must be loaded loaded." hinata mused, eyes twinkling but immediately dimming after getting a tangerine thrown at him.

"shut up," tsukishima scolded, glaring that the male before going back to cooking.

"since when did you care about being rude?" hinata asked, pouting while tsukki sighed at y/n who had an amused smile on her heated cheeks.

"now, since obviously you have no moral regard for y/n even though she's letting us stay here for free." he spat back, grabbing another tangerine.

before he could throw it y/n stopped him, saying she didn't mind.

"this place is really nice." kageyama was in his own little world, looking around and wondering from one room to another.

"he really is just a little kid." y/n mused, moving to sit next to hinata at the kitchen island.

"yeah, so childish." hinata agreed.

with their backs turned, neither saw the mango hit his head before it was too late.

"ow, why'd you do that?" he yelled, spinning around to glare at the blonde.

tsukishima just snickered, y/n rolled her eyes and smiled before she got up, "hey, kageyama," he looked over at her to see she was pointing up, "wanna go check out the roof?"

"there's a roof?" both him and hinata asked, dashing over to the girl who was more than happy to show them.

"idiots." tsukki said, shaking his head while a small smile creeped onto his lips.

later that night, after they'd gotten home from checking out the nearby beach and park, they were all gathered around the tv watching some old movie while eating dinner.

"we're going to see the jesus statue tomorrow, right?" hinata had a mouth full of food, kageyama nudged him with his foot as a sign to swallow before talking.

y/n nodded, looking to kageyama, "you have a list of stuff you guys wanted to do, right?"

"yeah, play beach volleyball, see the statue, take a picture with the statue,"

"eat at that one restaurant!" hinata added in.

"what restaurant?" y/n asked, hearing tsukki sigh.

"he saw it on tiktok, it's ran by this elderly couple." he explained, finishing his food.

"should we wake up at seven tomorrow?" kageyama asked as they all got ready for bed, picking up their trash and washing their hands. as hinata flopped onto the couch, kageyama tilted his head, "wait, couldn't hinata just sleep with y/n?" he asked, not seeing the girl freeze behind him.

tsukishima smirked, nodding and asking y/n, "wouldn't that be better for poor hinata, y/n?"

"yeah, that would be better for poor me!" hinata jumped in, only realizing what he said till after he said it.

"um," she stuttered, not minding sharing a bed due to how uncomfortable the couch looked but... this was hinata, it would be different if it was one of the other boys or yachi. she shrugged, "sure, sleeping on a couch probably wouldn't be good for your back anyways."

her lips were tilted up, eyes being thrown wide when hinata tackled her in hug as thanks.

"you're amazing, y/n!"

*

a/n: the way i'm absolutely whipped for himbos annoys me, if it weren't for them i'd be a lesbian.