* ★ are we? ♡ *

*

"tonight's the night!" y/n looked over her appearance, flattening the skirt of her sun dress and fixing her hair.

"you're really determined." tsukishima mused, arm casually resting on the back of yamaguchi's chair.

"you've got this y/n!" yachi and the green haired male cheered, both giving her thumbs up. tsukishima rolled his eyes and smirked, kageyama was dozing off looking at his phone.

"tonight's gonna be great, i can feel it." y/n spoke to herself, turning to her laptop where her friends we're displayed.

"hinata's texting me, he's nervous." kageyama spoke up, leaning over to show yachi and yamaguchi his phone.

"wow, never thought i'd see y/n being the confident one and hinata shitting himself." tsukishima chuckled, "it's refreshing." yamaguchi slapped his thigh, whispering to him to stop teasing.

"it is weird, nice, but weird." yachi agreed, watching y/n deflate.

"maybe he's sick or something?" she mumbled, watch each of her friends instantly give her hard looks.

"y/n, you have a month left, barely. you gotta stay confident, you guys are friends and it's more than obvious he's at least interested." yachi comforted, giving her best friend a smile.

"yeah, he can't stop thinking about you." kageyama chimed in, getting 'shut up' eyes from the others as well as a elbow to his side.

"what?"

"nothing!" yamaguchi covered, "hinata just seems nervous, why else would someone be nervous to go out to dinner with someone if they weren't interested? especially hinata!" he said, hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"he's right," tsukishima agreed, "the only other times i've seen him like this is before a big game."

"but that usually comes with him shitting a lot." kageyama added, "he hasn't said anything about pooping."

yachi sighed in tandem with yamaguchi, tsukishima just rolled his eyes.

"so, is that a good sign?" y/n asked, pretty confused and distracted by all the poop talk.

"yes, it is." kageyama answered.

"okay, you're getting cut off." yamaguchi stood, "good luck on your date, y/n." he told her, dragging kageyama away.

"well," tsukishima started, hands colliding to wrap around each other.

"anyways," yachi took the stage once again, "kageyama knows hinata better than anyone, you should trust his judgement."

"yeah, i do." y/n said, slipping her shoes on and glancing at the time, "okay, i'll call later and tell you how it went." she said, giving the two left a small smile.

"good luck, y/n!"

"good luck with shrimpy."

across town, further from the beach than where y/n was, hinata was pacing back and forth in his room.

his thoughts kept running, a conversation he'd just had with pedro making his brain work a mile a minute.

it started when hinata was dressed extremely casually, telling his roommate he was going out to dinner with his friend.

"aren't you a bit under dressed?" pedro asked, raising one brow at the other male.

"what do you mean?" hinata grabbed the hem of his plain white t-shirt, looking down at it like he didn't know he looked like he was about to go hiking or something.