"I don't deserve to die."

(This idea was given to me by Ben_the_cannibal. It's based off of the Retaken Sanity mod, aka v2 of Starving Artist. My opinion is that 2nd and 1st person work best with horror stories, so this one will be 2nd person. "You" are Rebecca/Starving Artist. The dialog will not be exactly the same as in the mod, as I'll write the dialog the best I can to give it a more spooky feeling.)

You were walking back to your apartment after being released from the hospital. You weren't expecting to see anyone in there, except for maybe Ben; the janitor. And that's exactly who you saw when you went inside.

"Hey, Ben!"

Ben turned around to face you, as he was cleaning a bit when you came in.

"Oh, hey Rebecca."

"I wasn't expecting to see you here right now!"

"I heard that you were in the hospital and decided to clean up some."

"That does make sense, it is a janitor's job to clean up after all!"

Ben chuckled a bit.

"I suppose you're right."

You look around the place, and noticed bars over the window.

"Ben...what's with the bars over the window? Are they new, or..."

Ben looked at you, his friendly smile growing into an extremely wide one of pure insanity.

"I saw the papers about you leaving the apartment soon. We can't have that."

Ben's appearance started to change as well. His eyes were bloodshot and red. His stomach had a hole through it. There were detatched arms coming from his mouth. He had a knife through his chest with splinters around it. And his smile was so wide it looked like his jaw was close to being ripped off.

You were backing towards the door in fear.

"Ben?! What's going on with you?!"

"Rebecca...I can't have you leaving...not until your life is mine."

"Why?! What did I do to you?!"

"You didn't do anything. It's my choice. Your life will be mine. I will make sure of it."

"I don't deserve to die!!"

"So what? It's my choice...and I say you die."

Ben started advancing towards you and struck at you with a knife, but you dodged it. You used your pink demon hands to grab Ben and try to throw him out the window, but he moved his arm around and stabbed your demon arms, cutting them open. Putting them out of comission.

You started moving around some more, but Ben had made his way behind you and cut off one of your arms; making you scream in pain.

"Agh...ow..."

Ben started laughing. Not that chill laughter you normally heard from him, laughter that was insane. Laughter that sent chills down your spine.

"That's one down...now a few more to go!!"

Ben pinned you to the wall and slowly cut off another one of your arms. The blood slowly coming out of your arm was stinging as well, making you scream even more. Eventually, the pain subsided. Your other arm was gone.

He kept going.

Your first demon arm.

Then the other.

Each one more painful than the last.

After Ben was finished with your arms, he put the knife through your eyes, bringing them out of their sockets.

The first one he cut out, you saw him eat it. It was disgusting.

But he cut out your other one. And you can only assume he did the same thing.

Then your teeth were gone.

You heard them being crushed to nothing but dust.

Then your heart.

You felt the knife penetrate your chest, then your heart being removed from your body.

The cords connecting your heart and your insides were cut.

The last things you heard were the sounds of Ben eating your arms and heart.

Then you fell forward.

You had died.