SIXTEEN

"What's up?" Dixie asked, walking in my room and plopping down on my vanity chair.

It was currently around noon and Dixie had texted me about two hours prior to her arrival telling me she would be over soon. She had made sure this was obviously okay after seeing my Instagram comments, though she couldn't come until a week later because she was out of town with family.

"Oh, hey." I said, straightening my last bit of hair before getting up from the floor where I was sitting in front of my body mirror. "I actually need a favor."

She laughed, "I get it, you don't see me for like two weeks and then you immediately expect me to help you?" I gave her a look, her statement obviously taking me by surprise. I was starting to realize how true it was, and how selfish I had been recently. "I'm joking, B, what's the favor?"

Walking over to my bedroom door, I peaked my head out into the hallway to make sure no one was there, entering my room when I saw no one was and locking my door.

"Uhm....I think I need a pregnancy test."

She stopped playing with my makeup brushes to turn around and stare at me, her eyes wide. "What?! Why in the world would you need one of those?"

I bit my bottom lip. I haven't told Dixie what had happened between Jaden and I, even though she is my best friend it just wasn't something I could. The boys in the house were the only people who knew, besides their girlfriends because it is kind of their job to tell them practically everything.

So, slowly, I explained everything. From the night of the party, to my weird cravings, and to my missed period that was supposed to come three days ago.

"Wait, you and Jaden slept together a few weeks ago, at a party I was at, and you didn't even think to tell me?!" She yelled, before getting quieter and beginning to laugh. "Your brother is going to kill Jaden if you're pregnant."

This time my eyes were the ones that grew wide. I hadn't even thought of my brother, or my parents at all. My brother is extremely protective, and finding pout his eighteen year old sister is possibly pregnant would not be good, for neither Jaden or I.

As for my parents, they would be furious. They're extremely Christian and believe waiting till marriage. They were so crazy about this rule, that they waited until they were married to even kiss. I swear, they're a little bit crazy. Okay, a lot crazy.

"Can you please just get me a pregnancy test? I need to know, I'm really hoping I'm not."

She grabbed her purse and pulled out two pregnancy tests, getting offensive when I gave her a weird look. "What? I always keep some on me in case of emergencies!"

"What kind of emergencies? Dixie your the last person to get pregnant."

"No, but your not."

I didn't know whether or not I should've taken offense to this, so I just let it go, realize her comment was very true. I had become a bit of a 'hoe' in between all my relationships.

I have needs and this is a judgement free zone.

"Okay, go, pee on the stick, I'm growing anxious." She nudged me towards the bathroom in my room, a giant smile plastered on her face.

Honestly, I think she wants me to be pregnant. "Okay, okay, I'm going."

Walking into the bathroom, my nerves were finally catching up to me. The time waiting for the stick to give me the answer was even worse. I couldn't sit still as I stared at the two sticks laying on the sink counter, my heart racing as my entire future was quite literally about to be written out on plastic.

"Calm down, b, I really doubt you are. Besides, if the tests say positive, which they probably, wont then we can always go to the doctor to make sure. They could be wrong."

"Thanks, I appreciate it, and I wish I could say more but I think I'm about to pass out."

She quickly fanned me with her hands, noticing how much I was sweating.

Finally, after what like years, my phone alarm went off indicating that the tests should be ready for now.

I stood up from the tiled floor, pulling Dixie up with me and looked at the tests.

Time seemed to freeze as I looked at the results. My heart fell and it felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt tears leave my eyes. Backing away from the bathroom. I sat on my bed, my head throbbing suddenly.

I had just grabbed one of the tests off the counter before sitting on my bed. I held it up to read it again, hoping that I was just hallucinating.

Unfortunately, I wasn't. I sat in terror, reading the words over and over again.

Pregnant.