Chapter Five

SHADOW 

Ivy runs out of the bathroom by the kitchen, the gray skirt of the woman's uniform restricts her movement a bit, but she is still able to hide the small capsule of poison in her skirt pocket. I keep a close eye on where everyone else is via cameras, as she heads for the nearest security guard– the one giving the Samantha girl a hard time earlier.

"Excuse me! The guest I was with, she passed out on me. I'm so sorry she was refusing help from everyone else earlier." Ivy bows to show her 'sincerity'. The guard waves her aside, clearly annoyed, as he hustles over to the bathroom, opening the door to find the girl unconscious. It's clear that Ivy gave her best effort to make the girl look just as she did, even applying the false nose on her. I guess it's easier applying it onto someone else than it is yourself.

"What exactly happened?" The guard asks with a hostile ring in his tone.

"I- well, she said she couldn't handle her alcohol very well–" The guard puts up a hand, not wanting to hear anything more. With that, he carefully scoops up the motionless body, shoving Ivy aside as he passes by, and taking the real Samantha over to one of the few rooms on this floor for staff to rest in. I quickly take note of its location.

"Rude." Ivy whispers under her breath as she walks back to the kitchen. She uses the back of her hand to open the kitchen doors, and before touching anything else, places a set of latex gloves on her hands. Carefully, she reaches into the pocket of her skirt, now holding the poison pellet in her clear gloves. The staff are hectically moving around one another, preparing for the first round of wine to be served. A classic red.

The steam from all the cooking fogs up the cameras, making it harder to see everything clearly in the kitchen. "Hey Samantha, is everything okay? You were gone for like 10 minutes." A voice comes up from behind Ivy.

Startled, she places a hand to her chest and hides her other hand behind her back, replying "Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess I just got held up longer than I thought. She ended up passing out on me. After this round, I might go check up on her again. I'm just concerned for her. She seemed really nice, just very out of it."

"Is she allergic to alcohol or something? I've never seen a guest like that after one glass. Did she sneak anything extra in?" Even with the little time remaining, he takes the time to calm down the fake Samantha. I wish I could see his facial expression clearer.

"Maybe... she did seem really out of it. And she said she only had one glass, but that is weird isn't it?" 'Samantha' speculates; Ivy mimics her voice almost perfectly... but will it be enough?

"You don't think someone drugged her drink do you?" Walter ponders, seemingly fooled by Ivy so far.

"I hope not, that wouldn't look good for Eden's, and then the backlash for the staff, too. Not to mention the poor guest passed out right now." I'm certain Ivy is fabricating a worried look on her countenance.

"You're always looking out for all parties in a situation aren't you. Although, you seem a little out of it yourself. Are you sure you're okay? Did anyone say something to you?" He sounds genuinely worried, but Ivy tries her best to keep some distance. Even with her fabricated features, she doesn't look 100% like the girl now passed out.

"No, no I'm fine, just a little light headed. Maybe just from the adrenaline of helping her." Ivy places a hand to her forehead.

"Well, hopefully she's not sick and you didn't catch anything yourself. Are you ready to serve?" He asks , the yelling from other co-workers obvious in the background.

"Yeah," Ivy pauses, knowing she still needs to get one more thing arranged; being in charge of John Garner's table. "Um really quick, which table are you serving again?" The steam settling down ever so slightly, revealed her brown eyes looking into Walter's.