two

i've been writing a lot more lately just to try and improve! i hope the writing here is better than the last chapter!

I can't fucking sleep. Its 3 in the fucking morning, and im still up, thinking about none other than Vega. I feel like i have a right to be thinking of her though, seeing her so vulnerable. Yet so closed off, it was so strange coming from someone like her. I sit up in bed and take my phone off of the charger, checking the time. It's actually 4am! how amazing!, i sigh audibly and unlock the phone. Going onto the slap, might as well make a quick post,
"Ruining my sleep schedule in the middle of the school year. how fun

feeling: ????"
my finger hits the post button, i scroll through everyone's recent posts. mind numbingly almost, until i get a notification
'torimakesitshine liked your tweet' why is she still up? i quickly call her, not really knowing why. Just to make sure she's not planning her suicide i guess, it rings once, then twice, "Hello?.." "Why are you still awake?" i can practically hear her shrug over the phone "Got lost in the rabbit hole of iceberg tier-lists"
"I don't know if i even want to know what those are," i chuckle"Tori?" "hm?" i bite my nail impulsively, shit. "Are you gonna come to school on Monday?.." Im not sure why i asked, but i did. "i'll see how i feel." Is all she says, "No tori. You're not gonna 'see how you feel', you're gonna get your ass up and go to school like everyone else. I will personally drag you there if i don't see you by your locker." "Can you stop." "Stop what?" "Pretending like you give any form of a shit. I just want to be left alone." and with that, the line rung silent, meaning she hung up. Whatever, watch her fail junior year. I really won't give any form of a shit then, i shuffle out of bed and grab the melatonin bottle off of my dresser. Popping one into my mouth and chewing it slowly, i had to get to sleep. Laying back down, my thoughts drift until eventually my mind falls into unconsciousness.
0.0.0.0.0
Sunday went by like a blur, as the weekends always do. I just chilled at Becks for a while, cleaned my bunnies cage. That was about it,

i shove my books into my locker and grab my science folder, and my science notebook. After science was sikowitz's class, easily one of my favorites. The gang was there, and he was a pretty crazy but otherwise chill teacher. Science flew by, thank god. I speed walked to my next class, being one of the first ones there. Despite the fact that i was always late, Andre was there too. He greeted me, "So..did you check up on her?.." "Yeah, i did." "How was she?.." "She's just taking some time for herself," i half lie. "Well, at least she's alright." I nod and sit in my seat in the back, not wanting to continue the conversation any further. Beck soon walks in, sitting next to me like he always does "Hey babe." He smiles at me, i nod in response. Not exactly paying attention to my surroundings, i was lost in my own mind. Attempting to tune back into reality, i look around for Sikowitz. Late as usual, he's so predictable but at the same time. Is totally chaotic, just as i'm about to start getting lost in my thoughts again. He bursts through the window, typical, "Hello little younglings!" he greets to the class. His eyes scanning around for one particular bubbly ray of sunshine, who's recently been acting more like me than anything else. "No tori today?" The half-bald man frowns, earning a bunch of headshakes from the class. Not including me, im lost in my mind again. During class we did alphabet improv about Cat getting the wrong order at a fancy restaurant, these were way more interesting when Vega was here. I could always start a fight with her when i got bored, or ran out of what to say that actually went with the plot of our exercise.
As i'm on my way to lunch, a red flash flies towards me and i immediately know who it is. "Hi cat." "Jade!! Tori texted me! she's gonna try to come to school tomorrow!" I have to physically hold myself back from a smile of relief, i hate being emotional. Over literally anything or anyone, i nod "Thats good, at least we know she's not dead." Cats expression changes into a confused one "Why would tori be dead?!" "nothing..she wouldn't be.." i lie through my teeth "What happened with Tori when you checked on her?.." i sigh, to be completely honest. I don't think she wants something like this being spread around, especially to someone like cat. As sweet as she can be, she runs her mouth, "Nothing too serious..she's just taking time to work on herself. Or something. i already forgot." She doesn't say anything but accepts this as an answer, running off towards an unsuspecting Trina vega. Wait. Trina!! Trina has to know more about what's going on, i'll get that information out of her if it's the last things i do. If tori comes to school acting the way she did during the weekend, i'd actually slam my tongue in a car door. It was too uncomfortable and irritating for me to handle.
0.0.0.0.0.

Lunch went by as it did before Vega showed up at our school, mostly quiet with a few jokes from Rex and Cat(were they jokes? she probably wasn't even trying to be funny..) and snide comments from me, after lunch. I have one task on my mind, finding Trina and making her tell me what's going on with her sister. I needed her to be normal again. In my mind, two negatives don't make a positive. There can only be one, her being a massive pity party makes me hate her even more. I keep my trusty pair of scissors in my pocket if a little threatening is what i needed to make the older Vega spill, im roaming around the hallway, and i see her talking to some guy. Who looks visibly uncomfortable, oh god, i stride over and grab Trina by the hand. Dragging her to the janitors closet despite the whiney protests "Jade! i was hitting it off with that cute guy!" Is all she says when i get her in the closet"I don't care. Why hasn't Tori shown up to school in over a week?"
Trina gets fidgety and looks down and her shoes "Honestly..i don't really know, she won't open up. She locks me out of her room when im awake, ignoring everything i say or just shrugging it off. So Jade, from the bottom of my heart. I really don't know, and i don't know why you're asking."
"Have you ever considered, in your small, small, brain. That she might be planning something really dangerous?" Trina gives me a 'duh' look. "I'm just saying, i checked on her on Saturday. And she looks absolutely horrible, have neither one of your parents caught onto this?" her gaze again returns to the floor, "They're not home much, when Tori had to be admitted to the hospital a few months ago..I had to be the one to do it, i was the one who found her Jade." found her? what the hell does she mean 'found her'?! "Wha-" I was cut off by the bell, signaling for the students to go to class. Trina flew out of the closet as fast as possible, leaving me there dumbfounded on what the hell she meant.

word count: 1000+ :)