Chapter 25 (@AlaaGml)

A. N: it's late no ? 🤧I apologize so much for your wait, I thought I could make it but the fever went back🤧 stay all healthy and safe 😊💟 • Since the previous chapter along with other comments mentioned disliking of the antagonist's surname I decided to adjust our antagonist's nickname by making it origionally an official surname of his. I hope you are comfortable with the minor fix and please leave comment if you wish I go about it in any other way.❤️❤️❤️🌷Warnings: •maybe spoilers for episode 10 •nightmare •⚠️spice🌶️😍🤭⚠️

_____________________________________________

'shut up!' I cussed unspokenly at my growling stomach. I don't feel hungry but overhearing my own empty bowls made me blush right on the spot.

I was anything but a stress eater. Only the opposite actually. Stress owns my appetite.

My gaze stumbled onto the rearview mirror for a second and was able to meet Kyle's gaze.

I grimaced wondering if he has something to say to me maybe? But he awkwardly looked away.

I almost felt amused at his awkwardness but rolled my eyes at the possibility that he has just caught me blushing.

His gleaming green eyes in the current daylight shade somehow resembled richy's. My friend Richy. Same energy and vibe of a caring friend who is always on the look out for anyone who need his help.

A secret poisoned my friendship with Richy. And so did Hannah's before me.

My memory recaptured the final video call of Richy's and my heart stung for Jessy. Richy had long buried his feelings for her and let his dark secret swallow him alive.

He denied himself happiness but gave Jessy the same sentence too without her knowledge. I frowned anxiously at the thought and looked at Jake sitting beside me in the backseat of the car.

He has been typing on his laptop but seemed to have taken a break from focus, looking outside the window and cracking his knuckles.

I felt my face soften in the instance, he looks very at ease and normal.

'i cannot bear the thought of leaving my feelings for you unsaid' I smiled recalling this.

He must have felt me eye-hugging him since he looked at me and smiles back.

I never knew seeing his smile could do all that. Sending my heart racing, my skin heats all the way up to my cheeks and my sex pulse. I thought he tensed too so I looked away. Back to the window.

I heared typing sound but it sounded intermittent and inconsistent.

My side eye view showed Jake stealthily staring at what seemed to me as my boots all the while he had his hands hardly moving over his laptop keyboard.

"What are you working on?" I asked Jake while I approached him as to get a better view to his laptop screen.

" of course." Jake swallowed and began to answer. His blushing when he side eyed my partly bared knees at the edge of my pencil skirt didn't escape my notice. "Masters has a secluded part of the farm that has electromagnetic field completely isolated. No signal in or out.." I was wearing coat but I didn't care to readjust it to cover the skirt. He spoke and I nodded to show attention.This could be very important. "This could get our connection to suddenly cut off at any chance you had to go in there. I have been researching ways around the signal protection to incorporate it in the coms you are taking inside."

" That sounds familiar. " I let my knees so softly brush his thighs. "back in the mines I could receive call from Alan but unlike you, my messeges to him never went through. Strangely enough all my messeges to you went through."