Chapter Six - Mental health

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  🎁❄️🎄🎅 ☃️  I'm going to Enchant Christmas tonight and I'm sooo excited :).  Anyone have any plans today?

This is a little shorter chapter but hoping it helps me get my groove my back to writing this book that I love so much.  Please be patient with updates.  Interact with this story, don't just say love this chapter or ask for updates.

"You know, I can't do this anymore," Madison whispers to Melanie who turns to look at her as if she already knew.

"I can't either," Melanie agreed.  "What do you want to do?"

"Tell Coach's Lindsay and Erin that I quit.  I need to focus on my health and my mental health.  Mark has screwed both of us over and I just need time for me."

"I was thinking the same thing," Melanie lets out a shaky breath.  "I just wasn't sure how to say it out loud."

Madison knew that what she went through was nothing compared to what Melanie went through with Mark.  She couldn't even call him a coach anymore because a coach wouldn't do that to any of his players.  He was disgusting and didn't deserve everything he got.  He was a highly decorated coach for the Olympics and people were blinded by him because he always came off as "Mr. Nice Guy" and always willing to help others.  It sent a literal shiver down Madison's spine as she thought about it and realized that she too was manipulated by him.  She thought he could get her far in her career and for a while he had but it was also because of her and her drive that made it happen.  

They were supposed to compete later that night and Madison felt literally sick to her stomach thinking about it.  How could she compete for a coach that she didn't believe in anymore?  Her stomach was churning and she rushed to the bathroom to empty out her stomach as she threw up in the toilet.  Her throat burned and she hated the aftertaste as she grabbed a paper towel and wiped her mouth after she spit out some water to get rid of the aftertaste.

As she looked at herself in the mirror she realized how much she had changed in her looks in a short amount of time.  Her hazel brown eyes that once held light in them were now dull and lacked any ounce of happiness in them.  She had also lost some weight (she guessed about eight pounds) and she didn't have any to lose to begin with.  She had always been a healthy person and a lot of that was contributed to her being an athlete and leading a very active lifestyle.  

There was still the bruise on her wrist where you could see his fingerprints marked from when he had grabbed her harshly.

She wasn't happy doing the sport she loved anymore.  Tears pooled in her eyes as she choked back some sobs and lowered herself to the ground as she cried.

She couldn't do this.

*

As she stood outside the door of Coach Lindsay and Coach Erin's offices, her hands shook as she took a deep breath.  Melanie squeezed her hand and gave a look of reassurance that they both needed.  Madison let out a shaky breath as she nodded her head and knocked on the door.