Preface

The Grimm Dossier is the first in a mystery and horror series set in a fictional version of our world in the 1870s to 1900s. It features creatures from myths, legends, horror stories, dark sorcery, and powerful magic.

Imagine the Victorian age as a time of absolute contradictions: noble and cultured splendor contrasted with pitiless squalor and poverty; unstoppable advances in technology and medicine juxtaposed with the brutal cruelty of wars and colonial struggles; and the energetic spirit of enlightenment, research, education, and science juxtaposed with deep superstitions, fear, and paranoia.

It is the age of iconic figures. Of Jack the Ripper, Sherlock Holmes, Jekyll & Hyde, Abraham van Helsing, and Count Dracula. It is the age of scientific breakthroughs, occult as well as enigmatic organizations and secret lodges, of decency, licentiousness, rise, and fall.

The world was at a crossroads at those times. So in what age could stories of human and social abysses, paranormal horror, and looming existential fears better be told than this?

In the so-called "Dossiers," you accompany the members of the Royal Hermetic Order of Seekers, an ancient secret organization that has been trying to protect, preserve, and/or free humanity from the influence and effects of mystical and even paranormal phenomena and powers since its foundation.

Because this much should be said in advance: Many legends and myths, some of which have existed since the earliest days of human consciousness, have a truthful and usually quite cruel core, and greater dangers lurk in the alleys of large cities and the impenetrable darkness of the nights than the mankind wants to admit. So let yourself be whisked away - into stories full of Victorian flair and horror, where reality blurs with your darkest nightmares.

Welcome to the misty alleys of London,

in the Victorian era and with:

The GRIMM Dossier - The Red Feather.

Trigger warning!Some chapters contain blood, death, and/or explicit descriptions or mentions of physical, mental, or sexual violence, hard language, brutality, sexual content towards people, minors, animals, or similar

Trigger warning!
Some chapters contain blood, death, and/or explicit descriptions or mentions of physical, mental, or sexual violence, hard language, brutality, sexual content towards people, minors, animals, or similar.

The Acts is a mixture of the Victorian period with fantasy elements. It is not a historical novel and therefore not historically accurate or correct

All persons appearing in this story are fictitious, any resemblance to living persons is purely coincidental.

The story borrows from ancient/outdated views and may contain both discrimination and racism. Any opinions expressed are fiction and are not intended to offend anyone or anything in any way. They are solely those of the characters and do not reflect those of the author.

The translation into English is done with a translation program.
I apologize for any translation errors.
If you notice such errors, please let me know - I will of course correct them immediately afterward. 

COPYRIGHT

COPYRIGHT

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the authors sole imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means. This includes photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without prior written and notarized permission from the author. 

If you find this story on any other website other than Wattpad.com, please be aware that you are at risk for malware/virus on your device and should immediately leave and return to Wattpad.com . 

In addition, should you see THE GRIMM DOSSIER on any other website other than Wattpad.com, please inform the original Author BellOfSilence right away. 

If you see my story written on Wattpad.com under a different username please inform me right away as that person is disregarding copyright law.