Chapter 9

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Lincoln is currently sitting on the stone fence around his home in the other world.

Lincoln: Breathe in. Hold your breath. Keep your arms steady. Steady. Steady... Fire!

He talks to Chandler who came with him and is now standing in the garden with a bow in hand. Unlike Lincoln, who wears his adventure gear, he simply wears a tracksuit. He lets go of the string and the arrow flies before it lands in the middle of the target.

Lincoln: Good job.

Chandler smiles and takes a closer look at the bow.

Chandler: That is so cool.

Lincoln crosses his arms and grins widely.

Lincoln: I know! I felt the same way when I first fought with the sword.

The two hear the door open and Silky comes out with a tray with a pitcher of lemonade and two glasses on it. She smiles at them both and puts the tray down next to Lincoln.

Lincoln: Thanks Silky!

Chandler nods at her and gives her a thumbs up.

Chandler: Yeah, thank you.

She smiles before going back inside. The two drink the lemonade while talking. After a while the pitcher is empty and Lincoln steps off the fence before stretching.

Lincoln: Well, that's done, come on, I'll show you the village!

Chandler: Oh yeah, I've wanted to see it since you told me about it.

The two go back into the house where Lincoln returns the tray to Silky. The two of them walk through the small forest, Weiss and Noir always at their side, before entering the village. Chandler's eyes widen as he sees the village for the first time. The village is bustling with life and  mostly Demi's are roaming the streets. Some children play soccer with each other on the street while adults chat or go about their work. One kid kicks the ball a little too hard, almost hitting Chandler in the face, but he catches it as the kid runs towards him with a worried look on his face. He bows with an apologetic look on his face.

Kid: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.

Chandler smiles, crouches down, and hands the ball back to the kid.

Chandler: Hey it's ok! But be a little more careful, okay?

The child seems happy about that, he smiles and accepts the ball gratefully.

Kid: Okay!

Before he runs back to his friends and plays with them. Lincoln proudly pats Chandler on the shoulder.

Lincoln: Good job. Come on.

The two walk through the streets and look at the village. They come across many shops that sell different stuff, such as fruits for example. At one point they passed a forge where two dwarves were working. Lincoln basically had to pull Chandler away so they could keep going. After a while, the two head out of the village again, much to Chandler's surprise.