Part 14: The truth?

Tsukasa POV:

The table at i-hop was tense, Nene was throwing accusations at us. I was very confused.. Girls? What was she talking about.
I tried to come up with an argument, but I couldnt think straight. Nene looked at Rui in disgust.

Nene: "I tought you were not like the other guys, youre hooking up with girls, right?...I know what you two are doing."

Nene seemed to believe Rui was having girls over at his house. She was far from right. Rui shaked.

Tsukasa: "What are you even saying Nene?"
I really didnt know what was going to happen, where we going to tell Nene we were dating, were we going to lie to her?
Nene: "Oh look who's talking! You moan all night long Tenma, and dont tell me otherwise!"
I looked straight towards Nene, I was shocked, yet extremely offended.
Rui: "Nene, you really do not understand."
Nene looked at Rui, then back at me, then back at Rui again..She was confused too. She sat down, her body was less stiff. She looked at Rui in confusion and wiped her eye.
Nene: "Why are you guys keeping so many secrets.."
Nene's voice shaked, was she crying? Rui sat closer towards her.
Rui: "Nene..I would never lie to you...Things are just complicated at the moment you see.."
The conversation had a total twist, what was Rui even thinking. I tried to process the situation.

Rui: "Tsukasa really needs support right now, things are.."
Rui got closer to Nene and whispered
Rui: "Things at home are a little complicated for him right now.."
Rui was definetely making up a lie.. I nodded as he spoke.
Tsukasa: "Im sorry Nene..Its just, I really need someone I can talk to..you know...a shoulder..to cry?"
I said softly, using my super star acting skills to look sad and miserable.
Nene blinked.
Nene: "Oh..I..understand."
Nene said very fuzzled. Rui nodded in compassion.
Rui: "We hope you understand Nene."
Nene nodded.
Nene: "Its fine you guys but..Could you have your crying sessions earlier..Its hard to sleep if your both crying so loudly.."
Was she serious? Did Nene fall for our lie? I tried not to chuckle. Rui smiled and nodded.
Rui: "We will Nene, please forgive us."
The table was awkward, I finished my pancakes. Nene sipped on her milk. Rui stood up and went to pay for our breakfast, Nene looked at me ashamed.

Rui walked back to the table. We all stood up.
Rui: "Alright guys lets go, shall we?"
We nodded and walked behind him towards the car.
The car ride was quiet, we left Nene at her home and drived towards the mall.
Rui looked nervous, he looked at me.
Rui: "We really need to be careful from now on, Tsukasa.."
I looked away ashamed.
Tsukasa: "Yeah.."
I chuckled nervously
Tsukasa: "Thankfully you could get us out of trouble."
Rui looked back at the driveway.
Rui: "I dont like lying to our friends..So dont expect me to lie to Nene about it again."
Rui seemed mad, that made me a little sad. I looked out towards the window. Rui continued to drive, the car was silent.
Rui: "I love you, Tenma."
I smiled.
Tsukasa: "I love you too."
I blushed and looked at him, Rui was truly an amazing person.