chapter two.

[A/N for story purposes, they play D&D in a random place - not someone's basement!]

CHAPTER TWO

LOUISA WAS ALMOST CERTAIN that Dustin would either straight up tell her no or would tell her that Eddie wouldn't allow it. When Dustin came back to her later that evening with the instruction that she could attend as long as she didn't interfere, she was shocked. Of course she would have wanted to actually play but Louisa knew that she had to wait to reveal that she was in fact a big nerd. That evening, Louisa made sure to dress up a little bit; not too much that she was revealing a lot of herself but made sure she would be allowed to stay.

If Dustin was hanging around with the same Eddie that she knew in High school, Louisa knew that he would let her stay if she looked pretty. He wasn't any more misogynistic than any other man but he was the same age as Louisa which meant she knew exactly what he wanted. Louisa couldn't imagine that Eddie got a lot of action from any other women - hell, she wasn't even sure he was in to women but if he was the Louisa knew what she was doing.

After both Louisa and Dustin had gotten ready for the evening - Louisa rather more dressed up than her little brother - the pair set off in Louisa's car to where ever it was that Dustin played D&D. All Louisa really knew about the club that he was in was that it was called 'Hellfire' and was run by Eddie Munson. The latter was the one thing that Louisa knew about.

She wasn't sure if Eddie would remember but the pair had met a few times before, though he had most likely been high. Being a popular girl meant a lot of pressure and for Louisa at the time her stress relief had been weed. She knew it was never a sensible choice but she also never really cared because she hadn't gotten caught. She would buy from Eddie in the woods and then the pair would smoke it together before parting ways. Louisa saw that as her way of keeping Eddie quiet - not that she thought he would ever blag to anyone.

As the two pulled up, Louisa switched the engine off and watched as Dustin got out of the car. Louisa was feeling nervous, she knew there were a few reasons for that but her mind couldn't settle on any of them. It wasn't until she heard Dustin call her name that Louisa climbed out of the car and followed Dustin. Where they were going wasn't the nicest of places but Louisa knew that it could have been worse.

Louisa had been doing well by keeping quiet for a good two hours before words slipped out of her mouth about the campaign that the club was playing. "Bad move." The room went quiet and Louisa realised that all eyes were on her. Her eyes met her brother's wide ones - he knew she was probably right but he was also concerned for both his sister and her image in front of everyone else. Lucas and Mike were also looking at her in the same way as Dustin but they hadn't known that she was a bit of a nerd about it all. Dustin had kept her secret safe between the two of them - one of the things that kept the two siblings close.

"Excuse me?" Eddie was the one to speak, Louisa moving here eyes so that they met Eddie's bright ones. She hadn't ever looked in his eyes sober before and she was noticing that they were rather pretty. She knew it wasn't a thought she should have been having but Louisa also knew that she was only human and bound to think such things - as long as she didn't say them out loud she was fine.

"I said, it's a bad move." Louisa had no idea where her confidence came from but she was fighting back a smirk as all heads turned to Eddie. It seemed the boys were waiting for him to either dismiss Louisa or blow up at her. Instead, Eddie shrugged his shoulders which moved his hair slightly as he did so. This made him run a hand through his hair to move it back out of his face. Once again Louisa knew she shouldn't have been attracted to such a move or man, but she really was attracted to it at that moment.

"It's your choice boys, do what you want." Surprisingly to Louisa, the rest of the group listened to what Louisa had to say and it worked out for them. As much as Louisa wanted to keep helping the boys, she did keep quiet for the rest of the night.

Once the night was finished, Louisa was the last to leave telling Dustin to wait in the car for her. She needed to tell Eddie that she was keeping an eye on her brother and not purposely trying to disrupt things. Again that night Louisa knew she shouldn't have been feeling that way but she was and was starting to come to terms with it. "Eddie, do you have a second?"

The long haired man turned to face Louisa with a smirk on his face, leaning against the chair in front of him and bending over slightly. Louisa held back an eye roll at his cocky stature and instead started talking. "Listen, I don't want you to think i'm trying to get in the middle of things but I have to look out for Dustin. From what i've read in letters he idolises you and even though it took a while to work out how i knew the name I know that you aren't the best of-"

"Louisa Henderson!" Louisa jumped slightly at the volume of Eddie's voice, he had all but yelled her name and stood up straight. He was slowly walking towards her as he spoke and although Louisa had the urge to back up to the door, she stood still. "I remember you now. You used to buy weed from me and smoke it with me." He let out a small laugh as he stopped walking, all but stood on Louisa. "You haven't changed, still as pretty."

Louisa convinced herself that the room was warm, which was why her body flooded with heat as Eddie said that. She took a breath and smiled at the man. "Well, nice to know you remember a pretty face." She swallowed the nerves as she took a step closer to Eddie bringing their bodies closer. "Maybe we should do this again sometime."

It was at that point that Louisa turned away from Eddie and made her way outside. She tried to do so as quickly as possible but also making sure she wasn't giving Eddie the impression that she was running. Louisa knew men like him, she had to stand her ground or she would never live it down. There was also another part of her that wanted to smoke in the woods with him again - she tried to shut the memories out and only see the worst in Eddie but they were some of the best times in her life.