Fear and Inevitably

Im still on mobile so typos should be expected. Please comment about anything you want and your vote for the love interest. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing, so have fun and lets get it! 

All I could hear was the heart monitor beeping, over and over and over again. The only question I had was a simple one, had I ever really lived? (It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.-Marcus Aurelius) I've been holding on to nothing yet I feel I must still earn forgiveness for what I've done, all I can see is that kids face during that mission at the school but why? I bolt awake in the infirmary, all I can feel is pain as I rip the breathing tube out and scream. A whole slew of doctors enter the room but none of them looked like prison doctors, they all start doing checks on me before I see the woman from the meeting room enter. "So our recruit finally woke up? Good,good. 001 do you know where you are?" She asked I shook my head no, not finding the power to speak "Okay, your in Herefordshire England. You were brutally beaten and stabbed you also nearly lost your eye but we were able to stabilise you.Since your up." She passed you a folder before stating "you have to start your contract!" I looked at the folder bearing my number boldly on the front before opening it up, 5 kilometer gear run, 200 pound deadlift, house simulation, and Operator sparing. "These are all test you must complete to pass, but don't think that you will get it off easy for coming in injured. We already had 3 of the other 12 drop out, so get up put some clothes on today's the run!" She walked out the room as the doctors gave me the all good to run today, so I got up and got dressed looking at my self in the bathroom mirror I saw what she ment. My left eyes scalera(white part) was blood red plus the iris was foggily gray and I had a scar going from the upper left to bottom right of my face tearing up my lip showing some of my teeth, I could tell big guy had some fun while I was out. Before I left I saw a balaclava with a sticky note on it, "For the face-six" I grabbed it and put it on, it didn't cover my eyes but after all 'Truth is found in the eyes'. I walked out following the signs to a small track were other recruits were, I fell into the line before the superior spoke to us. "Alright! Welcome recruits to the five kilometer gear run you must run, you guessed it five kilometers with 120 pounds of gear on your back! My name is Craig Jenson, but you will call me blackbeard! Understood!?" They all yelled "yes sir" before he continued "As soon as you grab the gear to your left run 10 laps! I will be watching! Now do you understand pigeye!" He yelled at me but I kept calm and just nodded "Good! You may begin!" we all ran to the table with the gear on it and suited up before taking off on the run, several of the recruits ran ahead trying to finish first but I just kept a medium pace as to not tire my self out.

Time skip

All of the recruits that ran ahead quickly fell behind panting, but as for me I stayed at my pace and eventually took and maintained the lead to the end of my 10 laps. Blackbeard had wisdom for me once I finished "Hey! Good idea not rushing forth to get the lead, that's how your expected to do it in the field so good work. Now recruit go get some food you earned it!" He patted me on the back as I went to the canteen to get some Mitch needed rest. As I entered and grabbed my plate I notice several groups staring at me, so I sat in the farthest corner by my self to eat. Eventually all the other exhausted recruits came in and took there seats, I took notice to a operator that was approaching my table so I pulled my balaclava back down over my lips. "Hey kid, sorry I got to bother ye but there's no other seats. Fine if I sit here? you look kinda lonely not to be rude." I looked him in his face "sure you can sit, nothing wrong with me." He sat down before introducing himself "Seamus Cowden, Sorry I was rude there! Forgot to introduce myself." I took in his apology before saying "001, and you really didn't have to apologize." He looked at me "Its just how I am. Not to be rude but what's with your eye? Didn't think six let in anyone with recent injurys." I realised what he was saying, I should be resting with these injurys but six is pushing me to my limits. "I don't really know Seamus, I don't know at all." Soon after me and Seamus talked a little longer he had to go so I just went to the recruit dorm to get some rest. I entered the dorm seeing ten beds, I picked one and got on it going Into a deep sleep.

Next morning 

Hereford base 

0900 hours

"Recruits find your way to the gym!" The intercom awoke all ten of us, in our groggy state we all moved getting dressed and going to the gym. There where 10 sets of 200 pound weights ready for us there, we all lined up in front of them as blackbeard came in. "Welcome recruits! Today you get two challenges back to back, and if you fail...your removed from the program. Get ready to start lifting at the whistle." His words surprised us all since two back to back challenges is a stretch but the whistle cuts that thought off, I push with my sore legs from yesterday...and the weights slowly lift passing me. After the deadlift two were kicked for not lifting, there are eight of us now. "Okay recruits get into teams of four!" We all shuffled into our groups before he continued "Pigeye! You won the race, your team are going into that model house" he pointed to a house in the large gym before continuing "and planting an explosive dud! And t either team has to stop you, you get a thirty second head start at the whistle so Gear up!" We all moved in grabbing the paint ball guns and armour with me grabbing the bomb "Now recruits! We have cameras no cheating" at those words he blew the whistle my team ran in as I immediately ran to the upstairs planting the bomb in a closet before shouting. "Everyone! Get ready guard the doorways, keep them out but more importantly work together!" (Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.-Mattie Stepanek) As I said this I sat at the top of the stairs ready to stop the advance, soon I heard over the intercom that two of my teammates were taken out so I started moving down the stairs. I can hear two enemy's whispering to my right in the kitchen and one to my left in the garage so I slowed my breathing and moved in, I moved right using two paintballs to 'kill' the two in the kitchen with headshots then flipped around firing at the enemy trying to flank my from the garage. "3 attackers down one left!" Okay now I have to regroup with my other teammate, but it seemed the last attacker had other plans "One defender left!" Okay I have to find the attacker. my movement was cut of by a barrel getting pressed into the back of my head "Where is the bomb? All your teammates are out, so give me some help here and tell me!" He pressed his gun in harder "I saw you win that race you were lucky! Now tell me where's the bomb!" I pulled the pin on a flash bang attached to my belt standing up and speaking "you know? How about I give you a lesson 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' (Ralph Emerson) " as I finished that sentence the grenade went off blinding my adversary "GOT DAM!" I quickly turned around firing first winning the encounter "Defenders Win!" Attackers pack your bags and go home." I walked out the house victorious, I was in the top four!

Fin for now 

As always tell me how I do and all that, have a good day.