prologue

sweat sprouted along his forehead as he sped down the road, the rain pelting along the car making it borderline impossible to hear. the heater was on full blast and somehow, despite the pattering of raindrops on the exterior of the car, he could barely make out the song on the radio. he feels bad, he had to borrow steve's car to take a drive.

today wasnt a normal day. he hadnt gotten much sleep, and he was broke, so he couldnt buy anything for his friends birthday.

friend.

yes, they were just friends. despite the desperate attempts to get closer to him, the small possibility of them being anything more than friends was right in front of him, and he has been reaching for it ever since they'd met. he'd been trailing behind him like a lost puppy for years, and he'd tried to get rid of these feelings, but nothing could work.

his muscles tensed up as his car swerved towards the side of the road. he slammed his foot on the brake, unable to supress the tears welling up in his eyes.

"fuck, why am i so stupid?" he yelled, slamming his palms against the steering wheel. he banged his fist against the dashboard and let out a grunt, grabbing the wheel and pressing down on the gas again. what is wrong with me? how could i be so dumb? he'll never love you, you should just give up. these thoughts filled his head, blocking his senses and fogging his eyes, to where he didnt realize the bend in the road before driving straight into the trees.