6

'Another prophecy, what are the Gods thinking? We were promised...' My mother says, her voice quivering like she is sobbing.

'Urusa, we can't hide her in there forever, plus we don't know if she is really the one, we can be highly mistaken.' My father says but I don't know how my mother reacts because then they close the door of their room, with a huge bang.

Knowing my mother, she would have given my father a glare before making him agree with her on everything that she believed.

I can't believe aunt Yursulana, the lady who never cares, informed my mother. But what more can I expect from a self-proclaimed seer? This is how she predicts the future I think, first, she catches you doing something then informs your parents then tells you that "You are going to have dark times ahead, you need to be very very careful" in a strange child-like voice as if she has been possessed.

Of course, you will have a dark time if you are stuck in a bedroom especially when you love the outdoors.

I need to get out of here and go back to Polki, I know now there is something there that will have the answers to what in the world is going on.

Perhaps if the Giants are real, probably Rosa is alive too. I never believed in any superstitious stuff, and look now where I have landed, right in the center of it, the very core of it, where I also believe in the land of dreams to be a mirror of reality.

Science says dreams are our imaginations. A bunch of random information in our brains combined with our fears or desires, but my last dream wasn't even remotely close to what I had imagined it would be when I had started seeing it. As if you knew you were dreaming until you woke up. A voice replies and I shamefully agree. I hadn't even known then that I was just dreaming.

Who was showing me that dream? Wait a minute, no one can control my dreams except someone who knows powerful magic, and magic is a myth isn't it? Or is it? The same voice says making me feel a little irritated and at the same time reminding me of things I would usually not pay attention to.

For example, that lamp in Aunt Yursulana's van. No, maybe it was a scientific creation that she must have found on one of her quests.

And the Giant? The voice asks me innocently, making me clench my fists. A human with a genetic issue maybe?

Why is my mind asking such tricky questions to my brain? Why am I suddenly so interested in a bunch of mythological crap? Because you think it will lead you to your best friend.

Aghh why do I have all the answers today? Ok, so step one is, I need to get out of here, but how?

My first thought is the window, but it has a grill around it, and I am not like that giant who can just break it into two pieces and get out.

How else can I get out of here?

The bathroom window? Wait who are you, I am not this smart by myself.

You seriously don't know me? Wait... there is really someone around me that only I can hear?

Not around, but inside you would be more precise. Hehe!

Huh? Who are you, and why are you inside my body, please get out.

See that's the thing, I can't right now because I am a part of you, I am one of your aids.

What? I am definitely going crazy, I suppose. I should just get out of the bathroom window, and take some rest once I reach Polki. All the exhaustion is making me hear things now.

This time there is no added voice in my head and before executing my plan, I write a letter to my parents and leave it on the bed, so that they don't worry as much as they would if they find me missing.

Dear Ma and Papa,

If you find this letter, don't worry and start searching for me, because I am leaving to find some answers on my own. I am sixteen now and I can look after myself. If I don't investigate this issue, I will definitely go crazy, I mean I am going crazy already, can you believe there is someone called power inside me now, that keeps answering my questions on its own- on her own I mean- she is telling me that she is a girl.

Ok so don't panic, love you, bye, stay safe, please!

Yours

Selsel

I have no clue why I mention the girl, but what is done is done now. I carefully climb through the bathroom window and jump down on the cemented floor with a thud. Thankfully the noise is muffled by the routine siren of the officials and I quickly go about my way while being careful of the flashlights of the officers.

It's quite dark now, but its like my brain has eyes of its own, and in no time I reach the foothill of Polki. Slowly and carefully, I start climbing up, not even caring about the insects and animals that must me roaming around at this time, and in a few minutes I find myself at the top.

As beautiful as plants look in the daylight, they look scary in the middle of the night. I quickly walk past the flowers, the bee from my dream still haunting me, and go into the forest. It is just like the last time, dark and damp. At least something is the same. If my dream was completely real, there should be something at the end of the jungle.

Oh, you reached here quite fast, didn't you?

I jump on hearing the voice again, not having expected it to return. It doesn't even care about the shock its given me and continues.

I was having a nice sleep but the smell of the tree spirits woke me up. They smell so good don't they? I used to live in such an area once upon a time, how I miss my home, but now I am here, stuck with you, though I must say, I like you SelSel hehe. Now you must hurry, as nice as the tree spirits are during the day, they don't like to be disturbed at night, even by the chosen ones. Common walk faster, yes like that. Now I am going to sleep again, dreaming about my old home.

The voice quietens suddenly and I let out a breath in relief. How did she get stuck in my body and what are tree spirits? What did she mean by old home, did she live in a forest too then why is she staying within me now, and what about food, how does she get that? I don't feel sick so obviously, she is not feeding off me.

Ughh the last thought makes me sick and I decide to continue thinking about her later.

Not wanting to experiment with more dangers, I speeden up and in no time, the trees start clearing for real. Although it's night, lights shine from a distance indicating that there is someone living here for real.

I almost run through the last of the trees and am about to reach the clearing, when an arrow whooshes past me. I get a bit of a deja vu but quickly get back to reality and hide behind the last of the trees.

'Whoever it is, come in the clearing NOW!' A female voice says and I cower more and crouch behind the tree. I mean, death by an arrow is not how I expect to die.

'Did you find it Gemma?' A voice says and this time I can't help myself. Immediately stepping out of my hiding spot, I get a huge grin on my face before I do something I would regret forever.

'Rosa?' I scream before an arrow hits me on the left shoulder and I collapse but not before seeing my best friend running towards me, worry etched on her face, and a girl shouting at Gemma to check before aiming at her targets. I agree, Gemma if I wake up, you and I are going to have some serious talks.