Prologue

"Hello and welcome to you all. I'm sorry to tell you this but you have passed away. It was a short life, but it’s over now.”

Those were the first words I heard upon finding myself in that strange bright white room.

It was so sudden, I had no idea what was going on. There was a little desk and a chair, like you’d find in an office. And sitting in the chair was the person notifying me of the end of my life.

If there are such things as goddesses, the woman in front of me certainly qualified.
She was more than just “cute” like the pop stars on TV—no human could match her beauty. She had long hair the translucent silver of the most gorgeous accessory. It gave her a soft, gentle aura. She looked to be about my age.
Her pure white clothes fit perfectly, not too revealing but not hiding anything. She was wearing what we would call a one-piece dress. This beauty stared at me with eyes colored light blue of a clear sky, blinking at my inability to understand what had happened.

I thought back on the last thing I could remember…

The blue sky was so bright it was almost painful to look at

The blue sky was so bright it was almost painful to look at. Just like a normal student, I was heading to school as usual, and felt the sunshine was particularly intense, which reminded me that summer had come. It took me a while to get ready for school, so I barely made it in time. I normally to go to school a little early than this, but I woken up pass my usual time.

I even forgot to set my alarm clock in my phone, so I had to be woken up by my mother. On top of that, I haven't been able to sleep well probably because I had gone to bed pretty late last night. My mother scold me for it and told me to not do it again in the future.

I walked past the gate then I measured my temperature and write it along with my name on the log book in the guard house. I must do that because a pandemic that spread for three years just recently end. Those three years was tough for me. I can't go out of the house and my education is to learn through modular learning. It was just recently that face-to-face class is approved by the government.

After that, I went to a four storey building and climbed the stairs to the second floor. I walked down the hallway and saw some students standing and talking with each other. I silently open the door to my classroom and sat in my seat. I was slightly tall compared to others, so my seat is assigned in the back near the door. I looked around in the classroom to spend time.

My classmates are with their friends, chatting about the recent trends on the internet with each other. Others are talking about mobile online games and some are alone in their seat playing with their phones.

"Good morning Ray."
While I was observing my classmates, someone on my side called my name. When I turned toward the voice, it was a girl with a shiny black hair, smooth white skin, and a beautiful, well-shaped face: Leira Martinez, my only friend in this classroom. She was looking at me with a gentle expression.