Chapter 3: In the Clearing

"Is this the place?"
"Yeah, this is probably it."
"This is it, no doubt. Look that people out, that's are our classmates."

After making a small talk with John and Cyrill, we had finally reach the clearing Louise told them about. There is really a clearing in this dense forest, it was thirty diameters wide. Most of our classmates are already here. They are scattered with their friends on the area. In the middle, near the trees, and some are standing alone against the tree.

"Hey Ray, would you like to find our friends together? From what I can see, most of our classmates are already here, so it will take a lot of time to search alone." said by John after observing the numbers of our classmates that are already here.

"Yep, John's right. Let's search for them together." said by Cyrill encouraging me to act with them together.

He got a point.
If we do that, I can efficiently find Leira in this area with many people. Also I can save time that I can use to talk to her. But that was if I hadn't find her yet.

"Sorry, but I'll pass." I said in response for their invitation.

"May I ask why?" asked John to me.

"I already found her. My only friend." I said and point my finger to one of the tree where Leira is looking at me while standing alone against it. John and Cyrill look where I point my finger and saw her.

"It's really her." said by Cyrill

"Well, if you found who your looking, then there is nothing I can do." he think for a while then, he said. "Cyrill, let's go."

"Okay, let's meet again sometime. Ray." said by Cyrill to me. Then he and John started to get moving away from me.

"Wait, John." I call him when they are about to walked away from me.

"Hm, what?"
"Um, did you know why are we gathering here?"

"I don't know. Louise only told us that we are to be gathered here by the class president."

"I see. Thanks for answering." I thanked him.

"Your welcome." After he said that, John then left away with Cyrill from me. I looked at them for a while, then started to walk toward Leira.

Class President, huh? I wonder what she wants from us?
I already have an idea about what she wants, but I'm not entirely sure about it. Class Pres. has a strong sense of responsibility, so she might take it up to herself to unite and lead all of us classmates into one group under this kind of situation. But I'm not to sure. There is a possibility that she is just prioritizing herself and decided that to increase her survivability, it's better to stay in one group.
Either way, I'm gonna find out her motives when all of us classmates are already here.

"Ray! I'm glad you're doing fine!"
While I was thinking about the motives of the Class president, Leira ran at me as she said those words. She hugged me and touch at my body looking to see if I have an injuries.

"No sign of injuries..." she muttered.

"Of course I am, you know I'm a careful person." I said proudly.

"You're right. Too careful that you're almost a coward..."

Hey! I heard that!
I pretend ignore her statement and ask her something.

"Leira, did you also got transferred in these forest alone?"
"No, I was with the Miss. Cervellion when I got transported here in these clearing." She replied.

Cervellion? Ah, she means Selene.
Selene Cervellion. She is a popular person in class. She is also a sociable person, so she had many friends in our classroom. So it's not that all of us transported in these place alone.