Peaceful Days

It's been a week and a half since the war in EnderCon city ended. The town is slowly being rebuilt, and the city's defense system has been modified and enhanced. The city is now safer than ever, thanks to the assistance of some of the Imperial State's professional builders that visited the city and rebuild it. The fortified walls now have Redstone-powered arrow shooters and outside the fortified city, hidden death traps were placed that can be activated with the Redstone observers that only detect motions from hostile mobs, such as zombies, creepers, etc. Massive underground bunkers have also been constructed for those who are unable to fight or injured, and the Imperial State has finally imported additional resources and weapons to support the city and prepare them for any danger that is yet to come.

Last but not least, Y/N was finally welcome back to his home, EnderCon city. Thors and Emma plan to move to EnderCon city with him to start a new life, also decided to run a business. Even Mick, Luna and Kobayashi now reside in EnderCon city, to aid Y/N with whatever missions Mitchell might task them. Surprisingly, Y/N was promoted to the rank of High-Rank, becoming the second warrior to jump from the lowest to the second-highest rank, after Mick Wilde, who has jumped from Champion rank to the top rank - Elite, after defeating a dangerous extraterrestrial monster years ago. Though Y/N initially refused to be promoted, the Governor, Mr Mitchell insisted that he be so because of his honor and courage for the city.

Why can't Y/N jump to become an Elite warrior? Well, being promoted to that rank is a challenge to many warriors, as those who are capable to defeat a powerful, dangerous mob such as a Vindicator or anything like it single-handedly are allowed to be promoted to Elite.

"Y/N L/N," Mitchell announced Y/N's promotion in front of thousands of eyes inside the Parliament Hall, "You are hereby elevated to the position of a High-Rank warrior."

Mitchell passed a large torch to Y/N, who slowly grabs it and walked towards a large brazier and lit it up. The crowd cheered for Y/N's new title. Mick, Luna and Kobayashi all gave their applause for the warrior, even Thors and Emma were there to see their friend earning his new title.

The Governor pinned a badge on Y/N's armor, which symbolizes his High-Rank title.

"Congratulations, my boy." Mitchell gives him a pat on the back. Y/N gave the Governor a faint smile, as it appeared that it was not the rank that was mattered to him, but Jean. He still missed her even after a week. He spent those days thinking about her, wondering how she was doing and feeling at the time, and even allowing an intrusive thought to enter his mind; thinking that Jean is in a relationship with another dragon after she left him. That clearly shocked him for a moment, until he remembered that she had told him she is the last surviving dragon in all of the realms.

"Hey! Y/N? Earth to Y/N!" A male voice echoed from nearby as Y/N was in a trance when he has those thoughts. "Y/N L/N!" The man yelled his name, and Y/N finally came back to his senses.

"Huh? Y-yes!?"

"Where were you?" Mick asked, with a glass of wine in his hand as the people in the Parliament house celebrates Y/N's promotion.

"Oh err... I'm right here?" He stuttered. Y/N has been half-conscious for about 8 minutes straight while he was conversing with Mick.

"You're right here, but your mind was else where."

"N-No. Both my mind and body are right here, I am listening to you."

"Oh really? What did I just say then?"

Y/N let out a sigh with defeat. Mick shook his head, knowing that Y/N isn't good at lying. "You really miss her that much, huh?"

"Hey, c'mon. Why do you hate her so much?" Y/N asked, referring to Jean.