i.

Chrissy Cunningham was home alone, waiting for her boyfriend Jason to arrive so they could watch the movie they had rented from Family Video. The sound of the phone ringing brought Chrissy out of her thoughts as she walked over to the phone, picking it up, "hello?" she spoke, softly.

"Hello. Who is this?" a voice came through the receiver.

"Who are you trying to reach?" Chrissy replied.

"What number is this?" the voice asked, ignoring Chrissy's question.

"Well, what number are you trying to reach?" Chrissy said, a smile small spreading on her face as she realized that this must've been Patrick or Andy pulling a prank.

"I don't know," the caller grumbled.

Chrissy was sure he could practically hear her smile radiating through the phone, "Well, I think you have the wrong number."

"Do I?" he asked, teasingly.

"It happens. Take it easy," Chrissy hung up the phone. She didn't have time to entertain the boys. After all, Jason was supposed to be showing up any minute for their movie date. Chrissy was about to walk away to go start up the popcorn when the phone rang again. She picked it up with a slightly irritated sigh, "Hello?"

"I'm sorry, I guess I dialed the wrong number," the same voice spoke.

"So, why'd you dial it again?" Chrissy scoffed.

"To apologize," he explained.

"You're forgiven. Bye, now," Chrissy was prepared to hang up but he spoke up once more.

"Wait, wait. Don't hang up."

"What?" Chrissy asked.

"I wanna talk to you for a second."

"They've got 900 numbers for that. See ya," Chrissy said before hanging up the phone with a sigh.

Chrissy turned the stove on, placing her Jiffy Pop on top of it. As she peeled off the label, the phone began to ring again. With a groan, she answered, "Hello?"

"Why don't you want to talk to me?" the same caller from earlier asked.

"Who is this?" Chrissy questioned.

"You tell me your name, I'll tell you mine," he replied.

Chrissy scoffed, "I don't think so."

Chrissy began shaking the Jiffy Pop, piquing the callers interest, "What's that noise?" he asked.

"Popcorn," Chrissy explained.

She could practically hear his excitement through the phone as he spoke eagerly, "You're making popcorn?" earning a "uh-huh" from Chrissy. "I only eat popcorn at the movies," he added.

"Well I'm getting ready to watch a video," Chrissy explained, placing the popcorn back onto the stove.

"Really? What?" he asked curiously.