-Date-

Alejandro checked the mirror for the fifth time. He didn't know why, but he was nervous.

I've been on dates before, lots of them. His mind raced. What if it goes wrong- or worse- goes right? What if I... catch feelings?! No, this was all to make Heather jealous. But that didn't mean he couldn't look his best.

He checked his phone. Duncan had texted.

'Hey'

'Hola asshole'

'r u ready?'

'Yes, you?'

'duh. on my way'

'DO NOT BE LATE'

'I won't. See u in 5'

Alejandro rolled his eyes. At least Duncan could get one thing right.

As he checked the mirror one last time, Alejandro heard a knock at the door. Finally.

He opened the door. "Hey Alejandro!" Duncan said happily. "Hello." Alejandro replied. "You look hot." Duncan said slyly, making him blush. Alejandro cleared his throat. "Yes, I do." he said confidently.

They walked outside, and Duncan opened the passenger door for Alejandro. "Such a gentleman..." Alejandro said sarcastically. "I know," Duncan replied, "I learned from the best!" he said with a wink, earning a smile from the spaniard.

After a while of sitting in the car and listening to ACDC, Alejandro spoke. "Umm, Duncan?"

"Yeah?" Duncan asked, turning down the music.

"Where the fuck are we going?" he asked, confused. "Oh, we're going to McDonald's!" Duncan answered, knowing this would get Alejandro worked up.

"DUNCAN!" he yelled angrily, making Duncan smirk. "How could you ever think that would be an appropriate location for a first date?! No wonder Courtney broke up with you! Ugh, eres estúpido!"

Duncan laughed. "Relax, Al. I'm joking!" he said. "I couldn't help it- you're adorable when you're angry!"

"Let me drive." Alejandro said firmly. "It's my car!" Duncan replied, annoyed. "Fine! Then I guess you'll have to find somewhere else to go yourself, because no way in fuck are we going to McDonald's!"

Duncan rolled his eyes. "Ok, I know this nice burrito place..." he said, holding back laughter. "Better..." Alejandro said slowly, "What's it called?"

Duncan, desperately trying to not laugh, took a deep breath. "Chipotle..."

Alejandro sighed. "It's not perfect, but I guess it'll do- so fine, we can do there."

"Yesss!!!" Duncan cheered.

***

They had gotten their food and sat down 10 minutes ago, and no one had said anything. Duncan decided to change that.

"This food just hits different, you know?" he asked. "Yes, it's muy bueno!" Alejandro replied. This is going great! Wait, it shouldn't be. This is just to make Heather jealous. Alejandro figured if he kept reminding himself of that, he would be able to tolerate the date.

After they had finished their food, and Duncan had paid (much to Alejandro's dislike) they walked out. "You know," Duncan said, "It's still pretty early, wanna go somewhere else?" he asked. No. Alejandro thought. But he couldn't say that. It would be rude.

"Sure, why not?" he answered. "Great, but where? I picked where we went for dinner, so it's your turn." Duncan replied, trying to hide his excitement. Does Al actually... like me? I hope so.

"What about back to the dorm? We could make popcorn and watch a movie." Alejandro asked. I just wanna go home, honestly.

"Sounds perfect!" Duncan said happily.

When they got back to the dorm, Alejandro made popcorn while Duncan picked out the movie.

"How does Toy Story sound?" he asked. "Umm, isn't that a kid's movie? And aren't you like, 23?" Alejandro responded. "Pleeeease?" Duncan asked in a childish voice.

Dios, he's a child in a man's body. First Chipotle, now this? Alejandro sighed. "Fine..." he said, feeling defeated.

They sat on the bed and watched the movie. Alejandro was barely paying attention, when noticed that Duncan had fallen asleep. Of course. Cruel world, why do you hate me?! He turned off the TV, severely annoyed. He then got under the covers, not bothering to change.

Hopefully I don't catch feelings, he thought. No. I won't. I CAN'T. And with that, he fell asleep.