Chapter 6: The Engagement

4222 words guys! My longest chapter yet! Be sure to give this chapter a vote and a comment to give me motivation to keep going! It also makes my day, so I really appreciate if you would vote and leave a comment.

    Shraddha's POV:

    I twirled in front of my mirror. I don't know why I was so obsessed with doing that, but I loved doing it. Especially since I was in this gorgeous blue sparkly lehenga. And the top was long-sleeve and midriff which showed my figure perfectly to the world. I twirled again. Did I mention that I was obsessed with twirling?

Shraddha's OOTD:

    "Shraddhaaa! Open up!" yelled a voice from outside the door

    I mentally rolled my eyes and quickly opened the door to find Kavya standing in front of me. She immediately jumped on top of me and hugged, or should I say choked me.

    "Kavyaaaa!" I shrieked.

    It was getting difficult to breathe by the second.

    "Kavya, you need to get off me!" I yelled again.

    This time the grip on my neck loosened and she finally pulled away. But once she did, 2 other fingers jumped on me. I almost toppled backward, but my impressive balancing skills caught them on time.

    "Shivi! Nidhi!" I screeched.

    If I kept yelling like this then I probably wouldn't have my voice for my own engagement.

    These two weren't like Kavya though and quickly released me.

    "Radha, it's been so long!" Nidhi exclaimed.

    Radha was my other nickname that my friend group called me. I don't even know how the heck they got Radha from Shraddha since Radha usually fits in with Radhika, but they somehow just started calling me Radha. They were my friends for over 10 years, so they called me different names and knew me pretty well.

    "I still can't believe you're getting married," Nidhi started. "Our little Radha baby has grown up so much." She wiped her tears that were nonexistent.

    Such a drama queen.

    Shivi just stood there wiping her eyes which were actually watery.

    "What happened Shivi?" I asked her, holding her shoulders. "Why are you crying?"

    "I-It's just that, one of our friends is actually going to get married," she sobbed.

    Shivi was the emotional one out of our friend group. If you couldn't tell.

    "Oh come on na Shivi," Kavya interrupted. "You should be happy instead of crying. Our bestie is getting married. We get to participate in all the functions and my gosh, I am so excited for the mehndi function since you guys know how much I love mehndi and mehndi is j-"