Chapter 24: My World Went Black

Shraddha's POV:

"Ha, aap vaha rakh dije (Yes, put this over there)," I said to one of the servants.

I made sure to look around our bedroom for anything that I could have possibly missed, but there was nothing.

My mind wandered back to Vijay who I hadn't seen since this morning. I wondered where he went.

Shraddha, just stop thinking about him and focus on this trip. You are meeting your extended in-law family, so focus on being a good bahu and nothing else.

"Shraddha, come on, we're leaving the house." Di called from downstairs.

I quickly took my phone and purse and closed the door behind me and then started to walk down the stairs. I opened my phone and looked through my schedule for the hospital to make sure that everything was covered, but as I was walking, I didn't know where I was stepping. I missed a step and I felt my body tipping forward.

I was literally falling. I was going to fall and roll down the stairs and get severely hurt. Or my life might even come to an end. This is it. This is how my life ends.

I closed my eyes and awaited the feeling of the immense pain, but it never came. Instead I felt a familiar strong hand envelope my waist to prevent me from falling.

The motion stopped. I opened my eyes and found Vijay holding me firmly in place.

Blinking a few times, I cleared my vision and continued to look at Vijay. He looked different today. He looked... Reserved.

Vijay quickly pulled me back in place.

"Careful," he whispered.

"Thank you," I answered.

Vijay didn't say anything and went up the stairs.

Strange.

I shook my head free from any thoughts and then continued walking down the stairs, carefully this time.

I reached where the whole family was standing, in front of the many black cars. I quickly took each elder's blessings and then retreated back to my spot.

"Shraddha, you're going with Vijay in his car," Di stated.

Of course. Well, this is going to be absolutely phenomenal.

"Yes Di," I replied sweetly.

"BHABHI, I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!" Aanya yelled and walked over to me.

She hugged me and I hugged her back while laughing.

"Hey guys, what about me?" Kiaan asked, crossing his arms.

"You can also come with us Kiaan," I answered.

"Are we all ready?" A deep voice—the voice of Vijay asked.

I turned to my right and I saw him wearing a loose white t-shirt with cotton grey shorts, white socks, and white Air Forces. His one hand was in his pocket and his other one was holding his phone. His green eyes were masked with dark Ray Ban sunglasses and he wore a grey cap.

He looked good, fine, amazing, lean, muscular, and ho—NO stop it! Shut up, shut up, shut up.

"Yes, let's go everybody," Jiju declared.

I walked behind Vijay towards Vijay's beloved car that was parked.

I was contemplating whether or not I should be sitting in the passenger seat or not. I probably shouldn't. I needed to create distance and sitting with him beside him is not a good way to do that.