Part 2: A Run For Your Money

[FADE IN FROM BLACK. WE SEE PETER LYING ON A MESSY BED WITH HIS COSTUME SCATTERED ACROSS THE ROOM, ONLY HIS MASK ON.]

I woke up in the hotel room alone to the sound of someone banging on the door, "Who is it?" I called out.

"House keeping!" Replied a female voice.

"Damn," I mumble to myself, "one second!" I began rushing to get my suit in order but then my heart practically jumped out of my chest, "My mask!" I reached up and touched my face, to my surprise it was on. She must've put it back on me while I slept.

I gave out a relieved sigh and continued to put on my suit. Once on, I went to the window and opened it up an started to climb out, but before I left, I webbed the door unlocked so the maid could get in.

[NEXT SHOT IS OF PETER ON THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL]

"Man, what a night." I thought aloud. I rubbed my head and sat on the side of the hotel for a minute, trying to wait out the groggy state I was in. I heard a knock on the window next to me, the one I climbed out of, so I turned to look into it, it was the maid. "Hi," I said to her.

"Spider-Man?!" She exclaimed with happiness.

"How are you doing?!" I tried to sound as excited as she did, after all, it's not everyday I meet a fan.

"What are you doing out there?" She questioned with a big smile on her face. She was actually quite beautiful. She had long blonde hair, almost white hair even, her eyes were big and very- I'll say it, adorable.

"Uh well you know me, hanging out." I laughed at myself and she laughed with me.

She moved her body to the side and gestured in, "Come in!" She still had a big smile on her face.

"Uh... Yeah, sure. I don't see the harm." I replied and reluctantly stepped in through the window. "I do have a city to watch over, but I could spare a few minutes."

Her smiled widened and she hopped up and down for a second, "Yay! Oh my god, SPIDER-MAN!" She threw her arms around me and hugged me tight, so I stood there awkwardly and slowly put my hands on her back and patted it.

"Nice to have a fan." I said slightly laughing. She laughed to it, but it sounded like those laughs that you laugh after you've been crying... You know what I mean? "Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked after a moment.

"Could I get a picture with you?!" She asked.

"Absolutely!" I was smiling under my mask like an idiot. She pulled out her cellphone and the facecam. "Please, no selfies." I said in a joking manner. She looked at me with disappointment written across her face, "I'm only joking." I said laughing.

[CAMERA FLASH EFFECT. SHOWS PICTURES AS THEY'RE TAKEN]

"Do you think I could get a kiss?" She asked with her hands behind her back.

I internally sighed, "Yeah, I suppose."

"Really?!" She questioned in a higher pitch than normal.

"Yeah," I raised my eyebrows and cocked head, "wouldn't be the first time." I faked a laugh.

"Ok!" She replied. She took my mask and peeled it up to the tip of my my nose. She looked into the eye pieces of my mask, so yeah, my eyes, with a certain type of lust but nervousness, you know, the kind you get when you're about to have your first kiss with the girl, or guy, of your dreams? Just before she did, she lightly bit her lip and put her hands on my face. I gave her a smile to let her know it was ok.

Just before she kissed me, she grabbed her phone and held it up at us. She leaned in to kiss me, and once our lips made contact she took the picture. "Thanks." She said in a hushed tone in my ear as she pulled my mask back down.

"You're welcome." I replied in the same tone.

"You should probably get out there." She said and smiled a weak smile at me.

"You don't want me to sign anything?" I asked laughing.

"Well," she pulled out a note pad from a pouch on her blouse, "If you don't mind." She held it out to me with one hand and with the other she moved the strand of hair out of her face.

"Not at all!" I replied taking the note pad. "I don't necessarily carry a pen around with me."

"Oh right," she smiled nervously and grabbed a pen out of the same pouch, "Sorry."

"It's ok." I laughed again.

[SHOT OF HIM SIGNING HIS NAME "SPIDER-MAN"]

I handed her the pad and pen, "There you are." I said in an overly happy tone.

"Thank you!" She replied.

"No problem!" I smiled under my mask and walked over to the window.

"And Spider-Man," she put her hand on my shoulder and I turned to her, "thank you. For everything you do."

I sat in silence for a brief moment, "It's what I'm here for." I finally replied in the same hush tone as earlier.

[SHOT OF SPIDER-MAN SWINGING OUT OF THE WINDOW AND PASSED SOME BUILDINGS AS WE FADE INTO A DARK SHOT OF A CELL]

"They think that I'm here with them. HAHA! No, no, no, they- they're here with me. WITH ME! THIS- THIS IS ALL MINE! YOU HEAR ME?!" A loud bang erupted from inside the cell. "I'll kill them. I'll kill everyone of them. They can count on that. Mm... Yes. Their blood, flowing down their bodies, onto the floor... DELICIOUS."

[FROM THE LITTLE LIGHT WE GET FROM THE WINDOW WE SEE THE BLACK SYMBIOTE SLITHERING THROUGH THE BAR AND DOWN THE WALL. IT IS A MYSTERY, FOR NOW, AS TO HOW IT GOT THERE.]

Cletus rocked back and forth in his cell, hitting his head and pulling his hair out. The symbiote made its way to him and started up his pant leg, moving passed his sock into his skin. "Wh- what?! Ahh! Urgh!" Cletus struggled with his pants before ripping the leg of them up to his thigh, noticing the black goo climb up his leg like a tiny person he let out a screeching yell, one that could be heard miles upon miles away. He began to grab at the symbiote and pull on in, but it was too late. The symbiote was consuming his faster than the speed of sound, and pulling at it only transferred some of it from his leg to his hands, causing the consumption to move much faster.

[WE SEE A SHOT OF CLETUS ON THE GROUND, HIS BACK TO US, AND THE SYMBIOTE CHANGES FROM BLACK TO RED, BUT SLOWLY. IF BLACK REPRESENTS DEATH, RED REPRESENTS HATE, ANGER, CHAOS, AND CARNAGE.]

Once the symbiote had engulfed him, he immediately silenced his shouts, growing comfortably accustomed to it, "Oh hello... My, my, looks like I can peel their skin from their bones sooner than I thought. How tasty." Cletus turned his body revealing a menacing face. Teeth sharper than venom's, longer too, and apart of the symbiote itself, not Cletus, as they were one being.

[CUTAWAY TO SPIDER-MAN STANDING ON A BUILDING. ITS NIGHT TIME AND THE STARS ARE OUT, NOT A CLOUD TO COVER THEM. HES ALSO VERY NEAR TIMES SQUARE SO LIGHT IS RADIATING ALL AROUND HIM. AND POLICE SIRENS ARE GOING OFF IN THE NEAR DISTANCE]

Spider-Man leaps off of the building and into the sound of the sirens, following them to the police interceptors that lead him to a violent shoot-out between the police and a few gang members.

Landing on a police interceptor, he quickly webs the guns out of the hands of two gang members, then dodges gunfire from others. He grabs onto a light pole, hanging off the side of it he webs two more guns as they're being fired. The gang members all surrender, as they have no weapons, and the police officers move in. One looking back to Spider-Man, who sits contently on top of the light pole, thanks him and gives him a nod.

"No problem officer." Spider-Man salutes and goes off into the city.