The Upside Down: Pt. 1

"Listen, if anyone, and I mean anyone, tries to hurt you guys, fight back like hell," I ordered, my hands resting on Dustin and Lucas's shoulders. "I don't care if you break some guy's arm, do whatever you need to keep yourselves safe."

"Where exactly are you older kids going?" Mike questioned, his arm wrapped around Eleven's shoulder. That didn't look like a friendly thing to do, but I decided against mentioning it.

"We're just going to buy Joyce and Hopper some time, that's all," I answered. "Stay here until Hopper gets back." I gave them each a quick hug before rejoining Nancy and Jonathan.

"Everybody ready to go?" Jonathan asked. When no one objected, he lead us out to his car.

"Should we really be leaving the kids alone?" I asked, already having second thoughts. "I mean, if these people really are able to find anyone, how do we know they won't find the boys? Especially if they're actively looking for Eleven?"

"Where else are we supposed to keep them?" Jonathan brought up. "If these guys can find them at the school, they can find them anywhere. At least the school has a lot of space and supplies."

"Yeah, but-"

"Listen, Y/n, if you're really that concerned, stay back with them," Nancy interrupted. "No one will judge you for it. But just remember, they have a girl with super powers, and we need all the help we can get."

I sighed in defeat and did up my seat belt, a smile creeping on Nancy and Jonathan's faces. Jonathan sped out of the parking lot and to the police station, not bothering to follow very many road signs.

When we pulled into the parking lot, the sudden thought crossed my mind: "How are we going to get the stuff?"

"Thankfully, Nancy and I already came up with that. While she's distracting Flo, us two are gonna sneak in and grab the boxes, ok?"

"Copy that," I agreed. We all exited the vehicle with Jonathan and I waiting outside.

Nancy walked in and started up a conversation with Flo. When they disappeared from view, Jonathan and I snuck inside, heading down the hall to Hopper's office. Jonathan grabbed his pocket knife and opened the door, granting us entry. The boxes were sitting on his desk, ready for the taking. I grabbed a few while Jonathan grabbed others before heading out.

Just as we were about to round the corner, I could hear talking in the main room. I stopped, hoping Jonathan wouldn't bump into me. He was observant and instead stood next to me.

"Well, I guess it's not here," Nancy sighed, her footsteps heading towards the front door. "Thanks for your help anyway."

"It was no problem, sweetie. I hope you find your keychain!" Flo said. The door opened before slamming shut again. A relieved sigh came from Flo as her footsteps headed our way.

"Hopper's office," I breathed, turning around and tiptoeing without checking on Jonathan. Thankfully, he got the message, and was right behind me. We rounded into his office and stealthily locked the door.

"Now what?" Jonathan sighed, his voice just a little softer than normal. The window caught my attention, an idea already starting to form.

"I've always wanted to do this." I crept over to the window and found the lock, quietly swinging the glass open. Jonathan crawled out first and grabbed boxes from me, patiently waiting for me to join him. I jumped out and took a few boxes, trying to hurry to Jonathan's car.

Instead of popping them in the trunk, we threw them in the backseat for easy access. My hands were stretched across them, making sure they didn't topple over.